New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email going to spam in Comcast inexplicably

ANSWERED
Contributor

Email going to spam in Comcast inexplicably

Since "new improved" email started, I have found missing emails in my spam folder. Today several (4 from same sender who has sent hundreds of emails previously) appeared with the notice

Re: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is inexplicable since they are ordinary emails received from regular senders whose many emails are usually directed to regular email box.

Is anyone else having this experience? Anyone else receiving that message? This is a Comcast problem and doesn't happen with my Yahoo or Gmail accounts. Comcast is my primary email.

It's driving me nuts!

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Email going to spam in Comcast inexplicably

This has been corrected by Tier 3 technician after failures by Level 1 and Level 2. Settings - Spam had to be changed - although I had never optioned for any settings there. Problem solved.

View answer in context
Email Expert

They are called "false positives".  Good emails going to Spam.  It can happen in any spam filtering system.  Just keep marking them as Not Spam when it happens to help train the filters.  You could also call Comcast security and ask if there is any issue with that particular sender's domain------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

This has been corrected by Tier 3 technician after failures by Level 1 and Level 2. Settings - Spam had to be changed - although I had never optioned for any settings there. Problem solved.