Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email freezes up waiting for advertisements to appear on left & right side of email page

Contributor

Email freezes up waiting for advertisements to appear on left & right side of email page

Email freezes up waiting for advertisements to appear on left & right side of email page.  This can last for up to 2 minutes or until notification of a Comcast long running script, which will cause the email page to reboot and freeze all over again.  This is a Comcast script problem and is extremely frustrating.

Email Expert

Re: Email freezes up waiting for advertisements to appear on left & right side of email page

Does the same thing happen if you use a different browser?  Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and browsing history?  I am not experiencing this issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Email freezes up waiting for advertisements to appear on left & right side of email page

Happens with IE 11 - Windows 7

Does not happen with Chrome - Windows 7

Yes have cleared cache and history

This seems like a Comcast script issue that is not working well with IE

Email Expert

In IE-11, do you have it set to use Compatibility mode with Comcast?  You will find this under your Tools menu.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

This has nothing to do with my browser.  The email has been working fine for years.  This just started a week ago. Nothing has changed up my end.  Alas it is a Comcast problem  It spends a lot of time looking for advertisements and while it does my email is frozen.

New Poster

Is there an answer for this?  Its hanging my system all the time....  

Contributor

Comcast needs to look at its code for displaying ads.  With Internet Explorer 11 there is a long hang time & the email is frozen.  You can not even refresh the page.  IE responds with a dialog box stating "Comcast is not responding due to a long running script".

With Chrome no problem. Ads pop in immediately.

Comcast Look at your code

Contributor

Somebody at Comcast is doing there job.  Email freezing problem is fixed and the ads pop in much quicker

HOWEVER on Windows 7 - IE 11

Now the sign in button on the Sign In page is distorted and the words Sign In are off center.  Button still works but it looks all wrong.  See your code <button type="submit" id="sign_in" tabindex="5">SIGN IN &#9658;<span class="triange-right icon"></span></button>