Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email forwarding stopped working Jan. 30, 2016

New Poster

Email forwarding stopped working Jan. 30, 2016

I've had email forwarding set up for years with my comcast email going to my gmail account. All of a sudden on Jan. 30, 2016, my comcast forwarding stopped working. I looked at my comcast email settings and it didn't appear that email forwarding was enabled, (strange) so I enabled it and entered my gmail address. It saved the settings, but still not working. When I go back to the comcast email settings, it keep appearing that I don't have email forwarding set up. I am not receiving any comcast email in my inbox either, even if it appears that my email forwarding is disabled. I am stuck and would appreciate any help! Thanks. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email forwarding stopped working Jan. 30, 2016

clarice1990 wrote:

I've had email forwarding set up for years with my comcast email going to my gmail account. All of a sudden on Jan. 30, 2016, my comcast forwarding stopped working. I looked at my comcast email settings and it didn't appear that email forwarding was enabled, (strange) so I enabled it and entered my gmail address. It saved the settings, but still not working. When I go back to the comcast email settings, it keep appearing that I don't have email forwarding set up. I am not receiving any comcast email in my inbox either, even if it appears that my email forwarding is disabled. I am stuck and would appreciate any help! Thanks. 

Close your browser.  Clear your browser cache, then re-open your browser.  Then re-check if forwarding is enabled now or not.

Which browser are you using and which version?

Have you tried a different browser to see if the issue is with the currently used browser?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.