Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email forwarded from my mail.com account is rejected as spam

New Poster

Email forwarded from my mail.com account is rejected as spam

E-mail that is automatically forwarded from my mail.com account to my comcast.net account is sometimes rejected as spam. I have turned off my comcast spam filters, added my mail.com email address to my contact list and added a filter to allow anything on my contact list into my inbox. It gets rejected with a #BL000000 smtp-error-code or a #DM000001 smtp-error-code or sometimes delivery retry timeout exceeded message.

The email being rejected is NOT spam and many have been successfully forwarded for years. This has been intermittantly happening for the last few months.

Official Employee

Re: Email forwarded from my mail.com account is rejected as spam

The DM000001 is a DMARC rejection. http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#DM000001  We're obeying DMARC as the sending domain as requested.  This has been in effect at Comcast for some time.

Can you give us the IP in the BL rejection?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I sent a private message with the upper part of the error message from a daily email that for years has successfully been forwarded.

New Poster

Can I not place my mail.com account email address in a safe sender list somewhere so that anything arriving from that particular address will arrive?

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue.  It has been going on now for a several weeks.  Some mail gets through, many get rejected. Email that I have been forwarding for years from mail.com (which in not spam) is now being rejected as such.  Even if I compose a simple test message from my mail.com account sent to my comcast.net account, it gets rejected as spam.

Official Employee

I unblocked a few of their IPs that had been blocked for emitting a lot of spam.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

CC_AA wrote:

I unblocked a few of their IPs that had been blocked for emitting a lot of spam.

My legitimate forwarded mail from mail.com seems to be getting through to comcast now, Thanks.

New Poster

It worked for a few days, but is now not delivering forwarded messages, this time with no rejection notice. They are simply not getting through. I have set up the mail.com to forward to both a microsoft account as well as the comcast. The mail gets to the MS account, but not the Comcast.