Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email folder is lost

New Poster

Email folder is lost

Writing to ask Comcast email person a question....

I logged in today, and realize that entire email folder is now gone !?

When I search, inside Comcast email, for a word that I know is contained in an email that would be inside that folder, I am able to see that many email messages inside that folder do appear.  These are current emails written to me today, not just something very old.  So the actual email messages are still in my account.

I don't know how to find the folder.  Did something happen in a recent upgrade?

The email folder itself is a large "general" folder.  Inside that folder are many other folders, all of which cannot be seen.

Help !!

Thanks

Email Expert

Re: Email folder is lost

To the left of the other folders, and to the left of the word "Mailboxes", look for a small, black arrowhead.  Click on it.  Does the missing folder reappear?  Was it a sub-folder of another one?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I have the same thing with a blank pane to the left of the emails.  There is no arrowhead pointing down, only a blank box with a smaller box (ad) at the bottom constantly 'loading'.  How do I get the folders back....often refer to the 'trash' folder to refer to something I discarded but did not clean out.  The whole email experience changed with this last update.

Email Expert

samfox59 wrote:

I have the same thing with a blank pane to the left of the emails.  There is no arrowhead pointing down, only a blank box with a smaller box (ad) at the bottom constantly 'loading'.  How do I get the folders back....often refer to the 'trash' folder to refer to something I discarded but did not clean out.  The whole email experience changed with this last update.

Try switching to the Lite version of Xfinity Connect and see if anything changes;  from your Inbox folder, go to Preferences>>>>>>General>>>>>>Version.  Make the switch and then go back to the email.  Do the folders reappear?

Or, you could try the mobile version as a test.  While signed into the account, type m.comcast.net/m into your address or omnibar in your browser and hit the return key.  See if they appear that way.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

had the issue using IE and Firefox but switched to Chrome and issue solved...have the folders back.  Comcast IT take note....

Email Expert

Go back into FF or IE, and clear out your cache/browsing history, then close it out and re-start it in a fresh session.  See if that helps.  If the folders appear in Chrome, that tells me it's a browser issue with the other two.  There is nothing wrong with the account itself.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I had the folder yesterday and now it is gone.  This is my most important  folder.  How can I get it back.  You mentioned on someones response to contact Comcast Security Level support.  How do I contact them?

Email Expert

ElenaStewart wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I had the folder yesterday and now it is gone.  This is my most important  folder.  How can I get it back.  You mentioned on someones response to contact Comcast Security Level support.  How do I contact them?

Did you try clearing out your browsing history, or using a different browser like the other poster did?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Comcast showed me how to restore deleted emails. Click on the trash folder and choose to view or restore old emails. Somehow that folder and its contents were deleted. I was able to recover them that way. I appreciate your response.