Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email download failure-- Windows 10 and Thunderbird email app

Frequent Visitor

Email download failure-- Windows 10 and Thunderbird email app

I tried to get/download my emails a couple days ago and am not able to do so.   I use Thunderbird for my emails on my Windows 10 system.   On 12/26 Windows updated itself to Win 10 version 1709 .   I didn't try to download my emails until after the new Xfinity email "wrapper" appeared.

When I try to download emails each step of the process as shown by Thunderbird is much slower as if there is a problem.   There is a three step process with the last step being "Checking inbox for new messages".   The program hangs there for many seconds and then posts a simple message "the are no messages to download" or something along those lines.  This last message pops up for a second or two and disappears.   There are definitely messages available for download as I've downloaded new messages for 4 or 5 days now.   It appears that Thunderbird can at least get enough of a handshake to connect to Xfinity and send my password.

I think the issue relates to my Windows 10 upgrade to the "1709" version installed around 12/27.

Also, I have a Samsung cell phone (Android) that accesses my Comcast.net email and that seems to be working perfectly.

Email Expert

Re: Email download failure-- Windows 10 and Thunderbird email app

The only thing I can suggest is to delete the account from Thunderbird, then re-create it again from scratch.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: Email download failure-- Windows 10 and Thunderbird email app

I was upgraded to the new version of webmail [Appsuite] today and had problems downloading email into Thunderbird.  Once I changed my settings in Thunderbird, I had no problems downloading my mail.  The settings in webmail show to use port 993, but that didn't work for me, so I changed back to port 995.  However, I had to change the incoming server from imap.comcast.net to imap.email.comcast.net in order to get my mail to download.  You might want to try that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation