Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email delivery issues

New Poster

Email delivery issues

Since 9/17/17, many emails sent to my Comcast account often take a number of hours to appear in my inbox. What is going on?
Tags (3)
Email Expert

Re: Email delivery issues

I've escalated this to get an admin to look at your account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, RobInMahwah - Are there any specific emails that take hours to appear or it happens with all emails? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

I've been having the exact same issue, but it's been for almost 2 years now.  But over the last 2 weeks it's gotten so bad that I've had to contact Comcast to fix the issue.  Multiple times a day, I get emails from different clients that show up on the Comcast email server anywhere from 15 minutes to 12 hours! late.  About 2 weeks a go I comtacted Comcast and went through the issues and they came to the conclusion that it was their issue, but that person couldn't figure it out so they made a ticket.  A few days passed and I called again, since the issue never got fixed.  I spoke with a new person who insisted I gfo through the entire problem again, which entailed the stupid prrofs they were asking for to show it wasn't something I had set up wrong.  Well, same thing, they admitted fault and would get a higher tired tech to lok into it and give me a call back.  A day or two later someone called me and I literally had to go through it all AGAIN.  Same result, but this time they said they needed 3 days to figure it out and would call me by yesterday......of course that never happened.  If Comcast doesn't fix this issue ASAP, I will be forced to discontinue all of my service with them (internet, multiple phone lines, and TV).  I can't afford clients sending me emails without me getting them until after the day is over.  Maybe a tech will read this and actually take this issue seriously for once.  

Service Expert

Waddleduck wrote:

I've been having the exact same issue, but it's been for almost 2 years now.  But over the last 2 weeks it's gotten so bad that I've had to contact Comcast to fix the issue.  Multiple times a day, I get emails from different clients that show up on the Comcast email server anywhere from 15 minutes to 12 hours! late.  About 2 weeks a go I comtacted Comcast and went through the issues and they came to the conclusion that it was their issue, but that person couldn't figure it out so they made a ticket.  A few days passed and I called again, since the issue never got fixed.  I spoke with a new person who insisted I gfo through the entire problem again, which entailed the stupid prrofs they were asking for to show it wasn't something I had set up wrong.  Well, same thing, they admitted fault and would get a higher tired tech to lok into it and give me a call back.  A day or two later someone called me and I literally had to go through it all AGAIN.  Same result, but this time they said they needed 3 days to figure it out and would call me by yesterday......of course that never happened.  If Comcast doesn't fix this issue ASAP, I will be forced to discontinue all of my service with them (internet, multiple phone lines, and TV).  I can't afford clients sending me emails without me getting them until after the day is over.  Maybe a tech will read this and actually take this issue seriously for once.  

If you're a business class customer, you need to be posting in the business class forums. This is for residential services.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, Waddleduck - I reviewed your email account, I see you use a POP3 and IMAP connections. Per notes on your account, you also use an Outlook program. Have you tried to use XFINITY website to see if you get any delays? 

Please note, we also provide Home Based Business services. We do not recommend to use your Residential services for Business needs. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Yes, that is the first thing I have been asked each ticket that's been created so far.  My email times between Outlook and the XFINITY website have been consistantly within one minute.  I just get the feeling there is something bigger going on with Comcast than is being let on.  Looking through the forums and on the internet, there are many others who are experiencing the same issues with zero results with talking with support.  I am haning on to my Comcast services by a thread at this point.  If I don't get a call by tomorrow with answers as to what is being done to fix the issue, then I will be taking my business elsewhere.  I am an understanding person, and feel that my giving Comcast 2 weeks or more to address my concerns is more than fair.  

Official Employee

@Waddleduck - I fully understand your concern and we definitely don't want to lose you as a customer. From my perspective, I don't recommend using a POP3 server just because you need to be very careful with the settings and it only downloads emails to one device from the server. Your email is still under our old platform that may cause some issues as well. Furthermore, per my understanding, you have latency issues with some emails, not all of them. If you can provide the specific examples of the emails that you know got delivered with the latency - I will escalate it to the team that can handle these issues and investigate the cause. 

Please private message me examples so I can proceed. Thank you. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.