Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email contacts

Frequent Visitor

Email contacts

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that when I used my iPhone to send emails, as I began to type a contacts name in the To: box, the name did not pop up along with a list of several other 'like' names. Predictive text I guess it's called. When I look into my Xfinity contact list. It is empty. On my laptop I have hundred of contacts but none on my Xfinity Connect app. All my contacts are still in my contact app in my iPhone.
How do I populate Xfinity contact list?
Email Expert

Re: Email contacts

Can you clarify------when you send an email, are you using the Mail app that comes with iOS, or the Xfinity Mobile app?  Or are you just going through Safari to sign into the account?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am using Xfinity Connect to retrieve and send emails
Email Expert

OK I just did a little experiment.  I have an iPhone. I am also on the new email format.   I went into the address book using my desktop and entered a phony email contact.  I then went on the phone and signed into my account through Safari.  I opened up the compose page to send an email and started typing the contact-------it appeared immediately in the auto-fill drop-down. Are the contacts you are missing in the Comcast email address book, or in the Contacts app on the phone?  If they are in the Contacts app only, they won't appear if you are accessing the email through Safari.  Two different address books.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

The names I am looking for to appear when I begin to type in the TO box are the Contacts from my iPhone Contact app. I use the app Xfinity Connect. I open Xfinity Connect and my Inbox opens immediately. I see the most recent eamil received and not read as well as those read (until I delete them). It is from this app that I create and send emails on my iPhone. I have not issue with seeing a drop down box appear when I create an email on my laptop of desktop. It is only on the iPhone and within the Xfinity Connect app. This only started happening a few weeks ago. Before that when I began to type a contact's name the drop down box would open immediately. When I tap the + (with a circle around it) at the right side of the TO line in a new email, The Address Book choies of Xfinity and iPhone come up on a new screen. When I tap Xfinity tab, a message appears "Access to Xfinity Address Book requires access to Xfinity Connect Email". What does this mean? Is there a setting that I may be able to correct this condition? When I tap on the iPhone tab there are a few contact names but no where near the number of contacts I have. 

New Poster

I have also just started experiencing this. Any ideas?
Frequent Visitor

As suggested, I uninstalled the app from my phone and reinstalled it. It Worked!