Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Email coming into Outlook and iPhone

New Poster

Email coming into Outlook and iPhone

Hello, 

I look at Comcast email on my PC running Outlook 2003 on POP3 and also a Comcast account on my iPhone6. If Outlook is up and running on the PC, email is downloaded there and never goes to my iPhone. If Outlook isn't running, it goes to my iPhone and when I start Outlook on the PC, it also is delivered there. Is there a way to have the email delivered to my iPhone even if it gets delivered to Outlook first?

Thanks!  

Regular Contributor

Re: Email coming into Outlook and iPhone

@ZR32 wrote:

Hello, 

I look at Comcast email on my PC running Outlook 2003 on POP3 and also a Comcast account on my iPhone6. If Outlook is up and running on the PC, email is downloaded there and never goes to my iPhone. If Outlook isn't running, it goes to my iPhone and when I start Outlook on the PC, it also is delivered there. Is there a way to have the email delivered to my iPhone even if it gets delivered to Outlook first?

Thanks!  

I have my PC (running OL 2016 using SMTP/POP3) and iPad (iOS mail using SMTP/POP3) setup in a similar manner.  I suspect that like me, you have your Outlook email account(s) configured on your PC to "Remove email from the server" after downloading, which means unless your iPhone has already grabbed a copy of them, they're no longer available on the email server to BE downloaded to your iPhone.  I expect (and want) this behavior, but sounds like you do not.  You may wish to toggle off the Remove from server setting on your PC so that all email in the future is saved up on Comcast's email server "forever".  My $.02 ...