Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email attachment display changes and cannot change preferences

New Poster

Email attachment display changes and cannot change preferences

Hi all, my mom's email now shows a thin blue line with a scrolling 'bar' below it when attaching a file (picture or Excel, same problem with both).  her email preferences also changed to have the 'show attachments in email body' checked on (previously, the default was for it to not be checked).  I unchecked 'show attachments in email body' and still get the thin blue line with scrolling bar.  when I attach a 2nd file, the two filenames show normally.  This blue line problem shows when the email display preferences are NOT checked to show the image in the body.  Sometimes when opening a new email, the 'show attachments in body' box is checked and sometimes it is not.  she is running Windows 7 Home Premium, I think it's the regular email "Xfinity" and I have cleared the browser cache - running Chrome. up to date version, on an Acer laptop.  Attached are screenshots. any help much appreciated!

comcast xfinity attachment problem_122515.JPG
Email Expert

Re: Email attachment display changes and cannot change preferences

Try using Inernet Explorer or Firefox and see if anything changes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Email attachment display changes and cannot change preferences

Hi, switched her to Explorer and that seems to work.  Very puzzling as I am also running Chrome and have never seen this problem.  If anyone comes across a fix, can you please post - thanks much!