Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email app won't file messages in subfolders

Frequent Visitor

Email app won't file messages in subfolders

I have recently moved to the Xfinity email app from Outlook. One of the things Outlook did very well was to route incoming emails into subfolders based on rules that I set up.

I have set up subfolders in the email app, and set up rules to move incoming email from certain senders into certain folders, but the rules don't appear to be working. I called Customer Support and he was no help. He wanted me to delete the subfolders, delete the rules, then start again. When I asked him, "What good would that do?" he didn't have an answer.

Any help?

Email Expert

Re: Email app won't file messages in subfolders

Run a test for yourself-------------using some other email address you have, say from Yahoo, Gmail or something else, set up a filter using that address as the filter criteria to send it to a folder in the Comcast account.  Does it work OK?  Make sure you click on "Save" at the bottom of the box when you have filled in the filter information.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation