Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email app won't delete spam

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Email app won't delete spam

I have recently moved to the Xfinity email app from Outlook. One of the things that Outlook did very well was to keep track of messages that I'd marked as spam, and make sure I'd never see emails from that sender again.

I have repeatedly marked emails as spam in the app, and emails from the same sender keep showing up. Does the spam feature really work?

Accepted Solution

Re: Email app won't delete spam

Check to see that you have the Spam filter enabled.  On the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then on Settings.  In the left pane on the landing page click on "Advanced settings".  There you need to make sure the box is checked for Spam filtering.  Also, if there is anything consistent about the sender, like always the same email address, or the same words in the subject or body of the email, you could try setting a filter to move it to Trash or Spam.  But usually spammers will constantly change things to defeat filters.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Check to see that you have the Spam filter enabled.  On the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then on Settings.  In the left pane on the landing page click on "Advanced settings".  There you need to make sure the box is checked for Spam filtering.  Also, if there is anything consistent about the sender, like always the same email address, or the same words in the subject or body of the email, you could try setting a filter to move it to Trash or Spam.  But usually spammers will constantly change things to defeat filters.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'll do that, but I'm surprised it wasn't on by default.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation