Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email and Automatic Download requirement

New Poster

Email and Automatic Download requirement

When I receive an email with an attachment, I have to first download the attachment into my pc and then I have to go to the Download file in a separate action and open it.  I'm not able to view it or open it in another screen.  How can I turn this automatic download off since it wasn't initially on and I must have goofed something up?  Since I downloaded MS10 (which I hate), I haven't had time to sit and play with setup.  Can anyone provide answer on how to turn automatic download off in email?  Thank you!

Email Expert

Re: Email and Automatic Download requirement

I assume you mean Windows 10?  Unless you are using an email client like Windows Live Mail or Outlook etc., there  is no need to download anything.  If you are only using your browser, like Edge or Internet Explorer, all you should need to do is click on the attachment to open the file.  If you want to download the file then you certainly can.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Email and Automatic Download requirement

Thank you but I don't have an option to view it like I used to - I am automatically forced to download and I was inquiring to see how I could have download feature return to an option or view.  I'd like to know how to get to change that.