Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email ads won't go away after opt-out

New Poster

Email ads won't go away after opt-out

We pay for Comcast services and should not have to be subjected to a barrage of advertising when checking email online. Comcast claims you can turn it off, but even after opting out I still get constant annoying graphic ads in my browser's Comcast email tab, taking up space where I want only messages listed. I raised the issue with Comcast customer support with no reply whatsoever.

I went to this page: https://my.xfinity.com/adinformation/ to opt out, and it plainly states:

"You have currently turned off graphical display ads within the Xfinity Connect Email tab. To turn on graphical displays ads within the Email tab of the Xfinity Connect Email service, click the TURN ON EMAIL ADS button below."

Despite the above assurance, Comcast keeps displaying ads (ad nauseum) in my email tab. If I click "hide", they're back in a minute or two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Email Expert

Re: Email ads won't go away after opt-out

The official opt-out page for ads in Comcast states their policy-----------------

https://my.xfinity.com/adinformation/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Email ads won't go away after opt-out

Not sure how posting the link that I already posted in my original question was supposed to help, so I'm a little confused. Exactly what answer were you trying to provide?

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation