Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email - Syncing Problems

New Poster

Email - Syncing Problems

I recently got a new cell phone - a Samsung Galaxy 5. This was at about the same time as I got a notice from Comcast about changing from POP servers to IMAP.  I don't know which is the cause of the problem, but . . .

I have email set up to come from Comcast.net to my cell phone, and also to my office computer which uses MS Outlook.  Previously, this was seamless -- I could look at an email on my cell phone and then delete it, and it would NOT be deleted from the Comcast server. Thus, when back in my office, I could open my email and nothing was missing.

Now, when I delete it from my cell phone, it is sent to the TRASH folder on the Comcast server, which means it doesn't download to my office computer.  I have tested to see if it makes a difference whether or not I had read the email before deleting, and it seems to make no difference.

How can I removed emails from my cell phone without deleting them from the Comcast server?  And please don't ask me to explain why I want this . . . or tell me that "most people" would want what I don't want!

New Poster

Re: Email - Syncing Problems

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?