Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email SLOW to load

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email SLOW to load

I use the comcast web site to get my email.  Loading email (after sogn in) takes forever - and often times out.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Email SLOW to load

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

That is not a solution.  The new interface is horrible and slow.  Everything about it is awful.

Email Expert
Moved:

New Poster

That's a ludicrous solution. I have cleared the cache, used multiple browsers....same problem.  This new interface is disastrously slow - let's get real and tell me how to solve this problem.

Contributor

Same here. No solution and I am getting tired of nobody answering with a solution. Things with comcast are going from bad to worse. I was having trouble with the old email and they said I would be getting the new one which would fix the problem (it did not) now I have to deal with the new one which is junk.

New Poster

Comcast email is so slow it's painful.  Agree that clearing the cache is absolutely not a fix.......done it regularly with no results.  How about a solution??????????

Frequent Visitor

I pay for 200 MB internet and I could send regular post office mail faster and more reliably.

It is not just the new interface that you at COMCAST think is so sexy - not - I can use Outlook to download emails, if I wanted to  - and not have to sit and wait ---

the three dots should never have to appear and then when navigating from one message to thenext - more dots - if you are lucky.

My browser flushes the cache every time I quit - so thos kind of suggestions do not hold.

Checking internet speed - most of the time I do get 200 MB - sot it is your servers - or lack of a sufficient number - or they are outdated and using DOS 3.0 as the operating system - something - You charge me 10 bucks a months for the same modem that I have had for 7 years - it has been paid for many times over - you idea of renting is about the same as these payday advance companies .....

New Poster

Hi Latoque,

Have you seen any real fix for this yet? I have never had a problem with comcast e-mail, untill they changed to the new format. like every one else, i have tried the clearing all things from my browser with no luck. FYI, when i use my Microsoft outlook, no problems at all. that being said, i do a lot of travling and need the new format to work. please let me know. 

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Still a slow load as of 11/13/17  RIDICULOUS.... Called Comcast tech and was told "engineers are working on this".   Supposedly, Comcast has two email servers and unfortunately, I'm on the one experiencing all the problems!  Really?  I've been dealing with this forever.  CALL THEM.... more calls maybe they will figure this out.

Email Expert

foghorns wrote:

Hi Latoque,

Have you seen any real fix for this yet? I have never had a problem with comcast e-mail, untill they changed to the new format. like every one else, i have tried the clearing all things from my browser with no luck. FYI, when i use my Microsoft outlook, no problems at all. that being said, i do a lot of travling and need the new format to work. please let me know. 

Thanks

There is no system-wide speed issue that I know of.  My email works just fine, and loads about as quickly as any of my other email accounts from different providers.  Maybe it's location that matters.  The servers I hit on are in Pennsylvania, and I live in Florida.  It'll run slow once in a while, but I can put that down to peak traffic periods.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I see someone is actually addressing all of the complaints that email is soooooooooooooo slow, by saying that it is fine. 

ARE YOU CRAZY! I HAVE HAD THIS EMAIL FOR OVER 15 YEARS - IT NO LONGER WORKS WITH THIS NEW INFINITY INTERFACE! I GUESS WE ALL NEED TO CANCEL OUR COMCAST ACCOUNTS! Someone needs to listen and fix this!

New Poster

I'm still looking for a proper solution.  Tne "answers" are pathetic.  My best solution is to use Microsoft Outlook.  I also have a problem with download speed on my phone.

New Poster

Getting Comcast email is so slow I am thinking about moving to Fairpoint. When is Comcast going to fix this email connection issue ??  Comcast email is slow using Outlook 2013 and it is slow using the Xfinity mobile App.

Comcast - what the is going on ? 

We need a Comcast technical person explain what is wrong with your email servers ... and when it will be corrected !!!

Frequent Visitor

It's sort of funny that Comcast is the slowest site that I access in the course of a day. All the news sites, blog sites and personal pages load far, far quicker. For a company that prides themselves in internet speed it is sort of ironic. ever since they improved the email page, I have to log in and then go take a nap before my email loads.
New Poster

Its pathetic. Ever since comcast upgraded in the spring of 2017 the email server takes over a minute to load or won't load at all. We are paying for tis service and can not use it. I use My Gmail account now and slowly leaving Comcast all togeather. Seems like Comcast dosen't care to fix the problem...

Regular Visitor

Anything yet??  The speed of this email is ridiculous, considering how much we pay for the service.  Everything else with internet is great, but the email server is horrible, only since I got switched to the new format.  I don't know why they would change something that was working so well.

Frequent Visitor

When you have this many people complaining, it does seem like there is an issue. It is an issue that has been going on for several weeks/months. Maybe someone should look into it.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 14 in conversation