Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Question Regarding Spacing

New Poster

Email Question Regarding Spacing

When I type an email and then add a space between paragraphs, why is there an added space in between paragraphs?  For example, as opposed to being double-spaced, it looks like there are four spaces between paragraphs and when I don't space between paragraphs, it comes across fine to the recipient.  Never use to happen before. 

Any suggestions?

Email Expert

Re: Email Question Regarding Spacing

It's just the way the Appsuite software handles line spacing.  There is no way for you to adjust it in the webmail.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you.

New Poster

I have the same problem and am not satisfied with simply having to accept what is not proper formatting for communications.  Please, does someone have a solution. Thank you.

Email Expert

wrote:

I have the same problem and am not satisfied with simply having to accept what is not proper formatting for communications.  Please, does someone have a solution. Thank you.

This is what the normal line spacing looks like in the new email format.  Are you not seeing the same thing?--------------------

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 9.22.08 AM.jpg

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Is there a fix for the paragraph spacing issue?  It is incredibly difficult to write with no paragraph spacing in order for the email to look normal.  And no folder colors is a serious drag as well.  I've tried the background themes.  Visually terrible.  Honestly, this is completely unworkable.  This isn't about improving the service for email users who actually write emails on a computer.  Time to move.     

Email Expert

You can add all the blank lines you want between paragraphs.  Or are you referring to something else?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have been having the same problem. It is NOT workable. It comes across as unprofessional.

When I have sent without what I see as a *single space between paragraphs, it's acutally sent with NO spaces between them. Everything jumbled together.

So we have our choice of FOUR spaces between paragraphs or NONE?

This is incredibly unprofessional. I didn't have this problem before Comcast upgraded.

Email Expert

An observation-----------if you are typing a new email and let the sentence or line go to the far right end of the body, it makes a difference in the line spacing.  It looks more like single spaces than if you hit Return before you get all the way across.  I suspect this has something to do with the new format being more mobile-friendly than the old one was. 

Also, keep in mind it's an email program-------it's not the same thing as a word processor like MS Word or Mac Pages or anything like that.  If a more formal document is wanted, it should be done in a word processor like those I mentioned, and then emailed to the recipient as an attachment.  Other possibilities include cloud apps like MS Word in One Drive, Open Office, Google Docs in Drive and so on.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks. And, yes, I'm aware that it's an email message. But most of our confirmation letters for service requests go out via email. They used to look neat and professional. Not so much any more. Like I said, I either have four spaces between paragraphs or none/all jumbled together. It's weird. And it's only been since the Comcast/Xfinity "upgrade." I don't always love upgrades. 

Thanks again for your swift response.

Roxann

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation