Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email Login Changed - Not By Me

New Poster

Email Login Changed - Not By Me

For about two weeks, I've had a problem with my email login.  I attempted to login using my login, could not.  Spoke to web chat - they said my login was something else.  Was able to login to my acct using this different login id, but could not revert my login id to what it was.  I never changed my email login, and there is no one in my household who could have done so, either.  I called comcast, spoke to someone who couldn't help, got referred "up", that person saw the "system error" but could not troubleshoot, got referred "up", that person could not troubleshoot, got referred "up", missed that call and haven't heard from them in a week.  Called to talk to someone Weds, got an automated call back Thurs, waited on hold for 1 hour and no one ever came on.  So I need HELP!  The other major problem I've asked about - on May 13th and 26th, I notice there are messages in my sent folder that I DID NOT SEND!  When I open them, they show from utlook Team, and lead the recipitent to a website that has been flagged by microsoft as "bad" - possible idenity and fiancial theft.  What do I do?  I am assuming my computer has been hacked or has a virus (although comcast shows no security threat).  Is this all due to a comcast system error?  Or something else?  I am going to try to put new virus protection on my computer... but should I change my email address and password first/after?  Should I have comcast shut down this entire acct and start a new one?  If anyone has any answers about what this is, and how I can work to fix - please help!

Email Expert

Re: Email Login Changed - Not By Me

If you can still sign into the account, immediately change your password and secret question and answer.  Then call Comcast security and ask them to look at it to see if they can find anything-------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email Login Changed - Not By Me

Make the new password complex, and don't use any password for more than one account. Take steps to keep your login information safe: run a full virus scan on all the computers you use and check to see that wireless connections are secure.

Check to make sure email forwarding has been not been set up in Account Management (check Email Settings / Forwarding in https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UserSettings) and in email filters (XFINITY Connect Preferences / Email / Email Filters). Check also for other userIDs that you did not set up.

Some links that might help: