Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email Hacked

New Poster

Email Hacked

I have had the same email address with Comcast for over 15 years with no problems.  Yesterday I started to get 100's of emails stating my emails were not undelieverable or from "postmaster"  I did not send anything to anyone.  I immediately went in and changed my email password and deleted all emails that stated such. Last night it started again and a few more came in (close to 10)  This morning I went to get mail and could not get it stating my password/user name was incorrect. Went back in and changed my password once again.  Since doing this one more time about 3 hours after doing so, I got another one.  Are our passwords being compromised someway via Comcast?...I just cannot believe someone could have gotten my new passwords that quickly  I always checked my sent email there was nothing suspicious in there and I ran a full virus scan on my computer and nothing came up

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email Hacked

I advise that you immediately call the Comcast Security Assurance Department.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance: 1-888-565-4329 (7 days a week from 6AM to 2PM ET), http://security.comcast.net/get-help/contact-comca​st-security.aspx.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: Email Hacked

I am having the same problem.  Is it a coincidence that this comes on the heels of the login issues that Comcast had last week when you only got the Kroger add and no sign in dialoge box?

I called Comcast security.

They said to:

1- run a virus scan

2-Change password and security question.

And then they tried to sell me an Identity Protection Service.

How convenient.