members

online now

discussions

Email Hack

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Has anyone experienced a Comcast representative allowing a hacker to reset your email password? After speaking with 4 different representatives the day after I realized my email account had been hacked, I was told the hacker simply called in and said he was me and obtained the reset instructions on a device that was not known by Comcast or me.  I was told that should not have happened. Prior to allowing the hacker access to my emails, the representative could have called my cell phone (even if hacker made it look like he was calling from my phone, the call would have come to me and not the device he was using to mimic my phone),  texted a code to my cell phone, called the other phone on my profile, emailed the back up email on my profile, and/or asked the hacker my security question.  This all happened approximately 2 weeks ago, and only after inquiring numerous times did someone from Comcast Security call my house (I was at work) and leave me a message. I've called him back twice and left messages.  Still waiting. Considering this hacker had access to over 10 years of emails I entrusted with Comcast, you'd think someone from this huge corporation would want to tell me something, like... the rep was fired or transfered, ...we'll take half of what you pay us in one month and pay at least a years worth of identity protection, ...something.  Has this happened to anyone else? I feel abandoned. Feeling like there's no choice but to slowly ween myself off of Comcast. I did consider myself extremely loyal (phone, internet, home security and tv), but can anyone blame me for jumping ship? Beware, because a 2 factor verification system is only as good as the representative answering the phone.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hello @WallyL1. We're sorry you feel your information was put at risk. We certainly take necessary precautions to protect your email and account. I recommend you report this to our Comcast Customer Security Assurance team and they will investigate your email and hacking claim. Please send me a private message so I can send you the CSA (Customer Security Assurance) phone number. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon