New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email Forwarding

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email Forwarding

I just discovered that the forwarding email address I set up to send email from comcast.net to gmail has been changed to honor41us.gmail.com   

I did not do this and have no idea how it happened.  It feels a bit scary like I've been hacked.  Anybody know anything about this kind of thing?

Accepted Solution

Re: Email Forwarding

Change your password and secret question and answer right away.  Then run a complete scan of your system with your A/V software to see if it finds anything.  It is possible that your account has been compromised.  Also, disable the forwarding until you are satisfied that all is well, then change it back to whatever it was before.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Change your password and secret question and answer right away.  Then run a complete scan of your system with your A/V software to see if it finds anything.  It is possible that your account has been compromised.  Also, disable the forwarding until you are satisfied that all is well, then change it back to whatever it was before.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for your quick response..  I actually had the problem a couple of months ago and changed passwords, etc. at that time, but forgot to look at the forwarding email address.  Luckily, nothing of real consequence somes through my comcast email account any more.  I will, however, change my password again and run my AV scan.  thanks again, latoque!