New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email Folder Freezes Computer When I Enter It

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email Folder Freezes Computer When I Enter It

I have an Xfinity/Comcast email folder with four entries, three of which show being unread.  When I enter the folder to check the contents, my computer freezes.  The computer also freezes when I try to delete the folder.  How can I find this folder in the guts of the file system, and delete this mess?

Accepted Solution

Re: Email Folder Freezes Computer When I Enter It

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have this same problem.  Plus the email screen not coming up after I have signed on - just spinning circles.

Also, when I have tried to respond to an email or compose an email it has gone to a blank screen with just spinning circles.

I have internet set to delete all history, cache, etc. when I exit the internet.  I have also manually deleted the hostory, cache, etc.

I have tried Firefox and Internet Explorer and have the same problem on both.

Thanks.

New Poster

Latoque, your suggestion worked.  I was able to delete the emails in question.  I did not delete the folder, however, and when I reentered the folder the computer froze again.  I later went back into the email using Chrome, and deleted the folder.  All seems OK now.  Thanks for the help.