Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Disappears

New Poster

Email Disappears

Why are my emails suddenly disappearing???  I check and use my email daily and I keep emails for things such as trips and reservations, but I am noticing that all of the sudden, random emails have disappeared (including those for an upcoming trip this weekend).  I don't have my airline reservations, my airbnb reservations, nor my airport parking confirmations.  What is happening???

Customer service is no help either - talked round and round and said it needed to be elevated to someone above them.  What gives?  This just started happening about three weeks ago and now it seems like it is every day.

New Poster

Re: Email Disappears

And, I am also realizing that I used to have an email capacity icon that told me how space I have left - I don't see that anymore either......

Email Expert

Re: Email Disappears

Do you have the account enabled on another computer or device in an app or client using POP3?  If so, it may be downloading the messages then deleting them from the server.  You need to make sure the account is enabled with IMAP on all devices then everything will by synced.

If it's not that, you might have a malware infection or a compromised account.  Change the password and security question.  Then use your A/V software to run a scan of your system.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation