Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Broken 4+ months

New Poster

Email Broken 4+ months

My user ID for my main email account is apparently corrupted. I cannot receive any emails on that ID from anyone including Comcast tech support. I have been on the phone with Comcast support so many times it is pathetic. Tier 1 6-7 or more times, Tier 2 3-4 times. I have spent hours going over the same questions & the same attempted fixes. I have had to recreate tickets multiple times. I finally got bumped up to the "security department". That was 5 days ago. I called the security department to see when this will be fixed or if there was any progress. I waited 45 min to get someone. They kept putting me on hold reviewing my ticket. After being on hold, I got thrown back to general customer service - that or the agent did not want to deal with me and dumped me.

I cannot view online bills, play certain games, review certain finanacial information, and a whole list of other things that are tied to this email account. They all require a security pin that is sent to this email account. I am now faced with calling a dozen or more companies while I am at work (they don't work at night) to try to have email addresses changed to one that actually works so I can move on.

I am sick and tired of trying to get Comcast to fix this. I do not have time to sit for hours on the phone each night just to continually go no where.

Email Expert

Re: Email Broken 4+ months

Rather than put yourself through any more of this torture, I can only suggest that you change the primary email address.  Here are the instructions for that-----------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-your-primary-account-user

I mean it's only worth so much aggravation for my money.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Email Broken 4+ months

Issue fixed. Sadly the hours & days I spent on the phone with the "regular" Comcast support was a total waste of time. The folks @Comcastcares fixed my issue via Twitter in a day & a half vs the couple of months frustration I spent through phone support. One step for social media.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation