New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email Blocked

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Email Blocked

Emails from donotreply@golfgenius.com are not being received by my e-mail account but are being received by my wife's and both accounts are comcast.net accounts and I have no spam filters setup on the account.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Email Blocked

The folks at Golf Genius traced the e-mails and they indeed were being blocked by Comcast.  Here's what they suggested:

spoke with a Golf Genius Tech Support professional and he let me know that Comcast is blocking E-mails from Golf Genius from entering your mailbox.  Just add donotreply@golfgenius.com to your contacts and the E-mails should start arriving in your mailbox.

By adding that e-mail address as a Contact in the Comcast Address book the e-mails from Golf Genius started to be received in my Comcast account.  I find this VERY disturbing that Comcast is blocking e-mails that I had ABSOLUTELY no visibility to them being blocked.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Try calling Comcast security and ask them to look at your account-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Lee999 wrote:

Emails from donotreply<@>golfgenius.com are not being received by my e-mail account but are being received by my wife's and both accounts are comcast.net accounts and I have no spam filters setup on the account.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Lee999-

If they're sending to the same address as which you posted under in this forum, I'm not seeing anything from that address to your address in the past 7 days.  Can you try resubscribing?  Email from that address is coming in fine otherwise.

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

The folks at Golf Genius traced the e-mails and they indeed were being blocked by Comcast.  Here's what they suggested:

spoke with a Golf Genius Tech Support professional and he let me know that Comcast is blocking E-mails from Golf Genius from entering your mailbox.  Just add donotreply@golfgenius.com to your contacts and the E-mails should start arriving in your mailbox.

By adding that e-mail address as a Contact in the Comcast Address book the e-mails from Golf Genius started to be received in my Comcast account.  I find this VERY disturbing that Comcast is blocking e-mails that I had ABSOLUTELY no visibility to them being blocked.

Official Employee

Lee999 wrote:

Lee999-

I wasn't a party to the conversation you had with Golf Genius, but I can tell you that currently there is no linkage between your address book at comcast, and whether or not an email is filtered into the spam folder.

When I looked through logs earlier, Golf Genious was delivering fine to other comcast subscribers, but there were simply no attempts to your email address. 

I'm glad it started working again.  Maybe Golf Genious readded your address to their list, just in case?

ComcastDaveL

PS - if you don't already have spam-foldering enabled (so you can move items out of it if needed):

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/spam-filters-and-email-blocking/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon