Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email Blind copy to a group

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email Blind copy to a group

I cannot find a way to send an email to a group, as a Blind Copy. I have read other questions and answers to this, but the answers given DO NOT WORK.  If I click on BCC, it will not show me my groups. If I click on my groups, I cannot put them in the Blind Copy Box. I tried to follow the answers given in this forum, and I just exposed an entire group, because it didn't work. I am beyond frustrated!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Email Blind copy to a group

Start typing the name of the group in the Bcc field.  Does it appear in the drop-down?  Or, you can click on the Bcc and use the search box at the top.  I just tried and it works fine for me either way.  The group should be in alphabetical order along with the individual contacts.

View answer in context
Email Expert

When you click on Bcc at the right end of the To: field, all it does is open the Bcc field for use.  After you have done that you need to click on the Bcc button itself to open your address book.  Then you can select the group you want and it will populate the field.   It looks like this-----------------------

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 6.14.07 AM.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Doing that will not show any of my GROUPS. It just shows all my contacts, so that doesn't solve my problem.

Email Expert

Start typing the name of the group in the Bcc field.  Does it appear in the drop-down?  Or, you can click on the Bcc and use the search box at the top.  I just tried and it works fine for me either way.  The group should be in alphabetical order along with the individual contacts.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

@debit51 wrote:

I cannot find a way to send an email to a group, as a Blind Copy. I have read other questions and answers to this, but the answers given DO NOT WORK.  If I click on BCC, it will not show me my groups. If I click on my groups, I cannot put them in the Blind Copy Box. I tried to follow the answers given in this forum, and I just exposed an entire group, because it didn't work. I am beyond frustrated!!!

I think you're missing the point.  When the BCC is populated with each contact name, no one that receives the email will see anyone else's email address, only their own and whom the email came from.  This is the way it's supposed to happen.  You're not exposing the group member list to anyone else in the group.  That's why it's called "blind carbon copy".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

My Group Addresses do not show up in the drop down box, regardless of whether I use TO, CC or BCC. It has been like this for the last three days. Comcast representative suggested deleting all my groups and starting over... NO WAY!

Something is wrong with the Group Address feature.

Worked fine on May 29 2018 which was the last time I successfully used Group Address.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation