New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Edit as new?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Edit as new?

There are a lot of things that I don't like about the new version of email. Can anyone help me with some features that I can't find?

Edit as new - if I use forward, it inserts the vertical blue line that is annoying

Column widths - I can't figure out how to change the width of the columns such as subject

Font size of browser - I can change the font for new messages but can't find a way to change it for the viewer

Thanks for any help you can give,

Bill

Email Expert

Re: Edit as new?

Edit as New--------the new format does not have this function unless you are looking at a message in the Draft folder.  All it says is "Edit".

Column widths-------if you are using the vertical "View", you can hover your mouse pointer over the vertical line at either side of the message list to click and drag it back and forth.

Font size---------On a Windows machine, hold down the Cntrl key, then tap the - key to reduce it, the + key to increase it, or the 0 (zero) key to return it to the default.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply. It was helpful. My personal experience is that the new browser has many problems that need to be addressed. In the old browser, I could type a few letters of the destination folder when I wanted to move a message and possible matches will pop up. That no longer works. Since I have hundreds of folders and sub-folders, I now have to scroll down to find the destination folder.

My greatest concern is that the new browser is extremely slow. Load times can be very long. Sometimes, I have to refresh the page to get anything to work. I really want to go back to the old browser.

Hopefully, Xfinity will work to improve the new version.

Email Expert

You piqued my curiosity so I did some experimenting.  There is no provision for searching for a folder.  In fact, I can't think of any other email software that does either.  However, I found that if I run a search for an email using whatever criteria I want, it pulls up a list of results, and to the right, under the day or date, there is a link button for whatever folder(s) that criteria appears in.  So if you know that the emails in a folder contain a particular term or name, etc., and run the search for that, you should be able to see the folder you are looking for.  I ran a search for the name of my auto insurance company and it appears in three folders.        Here's what it looks like--------------------

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 8.44.23 AM.jpg

If I click on one of the folder names, it takes me to that folder.  A bit of work, but I should think it would be a time saver in your situation.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks again for the reply. However, I have to wonder why Xfinity/Comcast decided to delete a very usual feature along with others such as Edit New.

You didn't respond to my primary concern about the terribly slow load speeds. I am on the fastest Comcast internet connection. My download speeds are most often above 200mbps. Lightning speed but the new browser take a very long time to load new emails and sometimes doesn't work at all. I tried to open a new email in a filtered to folder this morning and it would never open. I finally had to read it on my iPhone. I pay over $221 a month for Comcast service and expect better service than that.

Email Expert

First, Comcast doesn't have a browser.  A browser is Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and so on.  If everything else is OK and it's just the email that's slow---------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation