Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

East Coast Comcast Email Down Second Time in 5 Days

New Poster

East Coast Comcast Email Down Second Time in 5 Days

When the Comcast Email went down in the Philadelphia area for the 2nd time in 5 days, the Chat Line people learned how to lie in a big way with explainatinos such as “We apologize for inconvenience caused., your XFINITY Email is now under maintenance check for optimization, this may take some time and please be assured that everything is well taken care of.  We would request you to please wait for some time as we do not expect this to take longer.”

The Error message when trying to use the email is again:  "The connection to remote server imap.email.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later."

The truth was explained over the weekend but the issue was not fixed correctly.  The message Comcast sent out over the weekend was "Thanks for waiting, I have confirmed here that we have a known email issue. As of the moment, we are investigating the issue. We understand how this impacts your online activity. But we are making sure that we tap all resource that we have to speed up the process. Please bear with us while we are awaiting for the fix. We have receiver similar reports and our Email Department is working on this to ensure this is resolved as soon as possible."

As Comcast wastes untold Millions to falsey advertise of their great technolgy and customer experience, they can't even keep the email system running and then lie about it.  What a discrace Comcast is.  No Comcast Employee should ever be able to complain about any Companys' Customer Service.  They all deserve to do their banking at Wells Fargo!

New Poster

Re: East Coast Comcast Email Down Second Time in 5 Days

IMAP server is down - again - in the Midwest as well. This is Chicago calling. Was last out this long in December.

Using imap.email.comcast.net.

I've got job-sensitive emails going, so I'm now looking for alternate providers.

New Poster

Has been down here in Pittsburgh,Pa since around 4:00pm. Thought something was wrong with my phone at first. REALLY frustrating!
New Poster

Down in Alabama.
Frequent Visitor

Down in Boston, Ma ... for hours

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation