New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

E-mail retrieval

ANSWERED
Contributor

E-mail retrieval

I exit the web when I'm not using. (besides comcast will kick you off) 

Recently the procedure to do things has changed or, maybe I changed something 

unknowingly? Comcast home page opens, wait for all the ads to download, go to "sign in" to get mail.

I sign in.

Flash, flash ,flash I'm taken to my account page where I ,again, ask for e-mail.

Flash, flash, dot circle, finally e-mail.

Previously I was not taken to my account info to get the mail. It went back to opening

page,where it indicated the number of  new e-mails, and I clicked on that and went to

e-mails, so now, is it correct to go to account info then to e-mail or did I screw-up some setting?

Thnx

Accepted Solution

Re: E-mail retrieval

It's not anything you did.  This seems to be the new normal for Comast.  When I navigate to the homepage, if I click on "Sign in" under my name, it prompts me to sign in again and takes me to "My Account" as you described.  If however, I click instead on the envelope icon, it prompts me to sign in again and then takes me to my Inbox page.  I tried using both Chrome and Firefox and it's the same with both.  Is this what you are seeing?

View answer in context
Email Expert

It's not anything you did.  This seems to be the new normal for Comast.  When I navigate to the homepage, if I click on "Sign in" under my name, it prompts me to sign in again and takes me to "My Account" as you described.  If however, I click instead on the envelope icon, it prompts me to sign in again and then takes me to my Inbox page.  I tried using both Chrome and Firefox and it's the same with both.  Is this what you are seeing?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

No I'm confusing myself?

I do not "stay" signed in. In the past I would "sign in" and I would be returned to the home page, then I would choose the envelope and go to the mail.

I just tried not signing in but choosing the envelope, wich asked me to sign in, which I did and was taken to e-mail.

It would appear the "sequence" has changed. I'll use the envelope to sign in with from now on.

Thanks for your reply.