Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

E-mail confirmation

New Poster

E-mail confirmation

Is there a way to cofirm that an e-mail inquiry has been opened on receipt by the addressee? 

Service Expert

Re: E-mail confirmation

@LeoKathyMcG wrote:

Is there a way to cofirm that an e-mail inquiry has been opened on receipt by the addressee? 

A recipient does not have to acknowledge the read receipt, so even if you send one it's up to the recipient on how they handle it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: E-mail confirmation

If you are using Comcast's webmail, you can try using a feature called "Read receipts". The older "Zimbra" webmail ("...web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/...") does not support Read receipts, but the newer Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") does. To request a Read receipt in Appsuite, click Options in the Compose window, then "Request read receipt".

Many third party email programs and apps also support Read receipts, but . . .

Read receipts only work if both the sending and the receiving email software support them (many webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users never do). Given the limitations, consider including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation