Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Domain being stripped out of all comcast emails

New Poster

Domain being stripped out of all comcast emails

Hello, I work for a web site with a large newsletter subscriber list. Recently, I started noticing that all links to this web site are stripped out of emails. We also started getting complaints from all comcast subscribers. The email delivers 100% fine, but nothing works because all links and images using the domain are being stripped out. 

Our newsletter company (GetResponse) has verified there are no blacklists or anything with Comcast, so we are confused. The domain is onlyinyourstate.com

If you'd like to verify this problem, simply send an email to your comcast account with a link to onlyinyourstate.com and it will be automatically stripped out. I have tested it with dozens of domains... yahoo.com, google.com, buzzfeed.com, etc and onlyinyourstate.com is the only one that gets stripped out.

We have no idea why and it's only happening to comcast users. Please let me know what we can do about this. we have lots of newsletter subscribers at comcast getting our newsletter but unable to click on anything. Thank you. 

Email Expert

Re: Domain being stripped out of all comcast emails

I just sent an email with that link in it from my Gmail account to my Comcast account and it shows up and works just fine.  I can click on it and it opens just as it should.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure, inaccessible location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [email address]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

Where do you check your mail? This only happens when I check it on comcast.com 

If I open it in a mail app on my phone, it always works. How did you link it? If you are feeling generous, send an email to <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information"> so I can see if it shows for me. I've tested in a million ways and it is stripped out every time while other urls are fine.

Thanks for checking!

Email Expert

scott-oiys wrote:

Where do you check your mail? This only happens when I check it on comcast.com 

If I open it in a mail app on my phone, it always works. How did you link it? If you are feeling generous, send an email to <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information"> so I can see if it shows for me. I've tested in a million ways and it is stripped out every time while other urls are fine.

Thanks for checking!

I was just using Chrome on my iMac.  Seems to work OK in Safari too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon