members

online now

discussions

Does not support browser

ANSWERED
New Poster

Does not support browser

Your Browser is Not Supported

In an effort to bring you the best experience possible, XFINITY Connect requires the latest browser technologies.

Please update your current browser or try one of the browsers listed below, thank you!

Note: If you are already using the latest Internet Explorer version, please turn off "Compatibility View".

I have the latest IE and have cleared Compatiility View but still can't open email program.
Accepted Solution

Re: Does not support browser

I'm running Windows 7.  A few days after I posted the original message the problem went away and I was able to receive e-mail.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  I"m not certain that "clearing' the compatibility view" is the same as turning it off but since there is no On/off option as message suggests, don't know what else to do.  In the meantime,email on Xfinity doesn't work.  Now what?

Email Expert

If you are on Windows 10, try using Edge or one of the other browsers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm running Windows 7.  A few days after I posted the original message the problem went away and I was able to receive e-mail.

Regular Visitor

I am using Windows 10 and get this message even in Edge.  Using Edge, I can log into my account but when I hit the email link I get the "browser not supported" message.   

Email Expert

kuceks4 wrote:

I am using Windows 10 and get this message even in Edge.  Using Edge, I can log into my account but when I hit the email link I get the "browser not supported" message.   

Try clearing the Cache/browsing history in Edge, then close it out and restart it in a fresh session.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Regular Visitor

Cleared the history and cache, closed Edge, reopened, logged into my account but clicking the email icon still results in the "does not support browser".

Administrator
Administrator

Does this also happen when you go directly to https://web.mail.comcast.net/ and have you been able to test email in other browsers? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

In both Edge AND IE 11, I can log in but get the message when I try to go to email--even from the link you posted.

I can log in and get to my email in Mozilla, Chrome and via the xFinity app on my phone as well as via Outlook on my computer.

Regular Visitor

As of 3 minutes ago I now cannot get to my email from anywhere:  Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook, iPhone.  So frustrating!!!

New Poster

Same thing happening on my PC. Worked 2 weeks ago. MS Edge (v 40.15063.0.0) and IE 11 throwing the unsupported browser message -- essentially a redirect to https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/unsupported.html

Chat Help recommended a uninstall and reinstall Edge!?? Really...

Does anyone have a real solution?

Tags (1)
Administrator
Administrator

@AndreaB2 I would recomend trying a different browser, to see if this is solely happening with the browser or if it could be an account issue.

@kuceks4, I was unable to see anything that would have prevented you from accessing it from different browsers. This could potentially be a configuration issue, or account issue on our end.  Can you send me a PM with the email you are experiencing the problems? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I have the same problem.  I followed the directions for turning off Compatibility, and nothing works.  I get the same message when I go into Comcast from Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11.  I was getting this several months ago, then it cleared up and was working again, but I haven't been able to get into email through Comcast for a few months now.  I can access my email in the Windows 10 Mail, but don't have access to deleted items I may need to restore.  I can get my emails on my iPhone, but again, have no access to deleted items except those recently deleted.  If anyone knows how to rectify this, I would appreciate a response.  I even tried downloading Google Chrome and got the same thing, so I don't know if it's a Comcast issue or a Microsoft issue, but it's maddening!

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue with the new Comcast email layout.  Is there a true solution to this incompatible 'compatibility' issue?