New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Discontinuing XFINITY Connect Calendar

ANSWERED
Valued Contributor

Discontinuing XFINITY Connect Calendar

I just received an email that XFINITY Connect Calendar is being discontinued effective December 12th.  I'm really disappointed to hear this because I use mine all the time.  I am not very computer savy and have no idea what I would use in its place.  Is there any possibility they may change their mind? They should be adding, not taking away!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Discontinuing XFINITY Connect Calendar

All,

On December 12, 2017, the XFINITY Connect Calendar will be decommissioned due to low usage. The feature allowed users to keep track of events, set reminders, create task lists and share their calendar with other XFINITY Connect users.

Note: Prior to the decommission, the XFINITY Connect Calendar was available via the XFINITY Connect web portal only, and is not a feature of the XFINITY Connect app.

We apologize for any inconvenience the removal of the XFINITY Connect Calendar will cause. 

Here are some frequently asked questions that should help to resolve your concerns.

FAQ's:

I received a notice that the Calendar feature will no longer be available in XFINITY Connect. What does that mean?

• Effective December 12, 2017, you will no longer be able access the Calendar tab within the XFINITY Connect web portal. This feature will be decommissioned due to low usage.

What will happen at the point of decommission?

• Once the XFINITY Connect Calendar is decommissioned, you will no longer have access to the Calendar tab within the XFINITY Connect web portal. Additionally, you will no longer be able to access the data on your calendar.

Is there an alternative calendar option? Can I migrate my data to a separate calendar?

• No - currently, there is no alternative calendar option available for users within XFINITY Connect, and there is no data migration alternative. However, you can continue to use the XFINITY Connect web portal to send and receive email, check voicemail and send text messages.

Will the decommissioning of the XFINITY Connect Calendar affect my email and/or other features within the XFINITY Connect web portal?

• No - your XFINITY Connect email will not be affected by the upcoming decommission. The only change to XFINITY Connect will be that the Calendar tab will no longer appear and as such, you will no longer have access to the data in your calendar. You can still send and receive email, access your address book and manage calling features and voicemail within the XFINITY Connect web portal.

Again, we apologize for an inconveince this may cause. If you would like to know more about the Decommission of the XFINITY Connect Calendar please see here.

View answer in context
New Poster

Connect calender..

WHAT IN THE HECK IS A CONNECT CALENDER, AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ME???

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Re: Connect calender..

The Xfinity Connect/Comcast email suite has always had an adjunct address book and calendar function bundled with it.  Those two items, up to now anyway, have been provided by a company called Plaxo, which is a Comcast affiliate.  If you have not used the calendar don't worry about it.  It's being discontinued in December.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Email Expert

FWIW, I use Googe calendar and have been satisfied with it.  Much better app to begin with.  And there are others you could look at too.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

How do I transfer the Xfinity Connect Calendar to either Google Calendar or iCal?

Regular Visitor

By hand - they do not have a method for export. Crazy?

Email Expert

slogan50 wrote:

How do I transfer the Xfinity Connect Calendar to either Google Calendar or iCal?

You can't.  The Plaxo calendar has never had an export function.  It had the ability to sync for outlook users, but that was dropped two or three months ago.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

discontinuation of calendar

I hope that I am not the only one that has complaint about the discontinuation of the calendar which I use extensively.  I do not know how difficult it is to maintain it but at the cost of Comcast it should be continued.  More services should be offered rather than less.  I am still trying to find somewhere to complain directly to Comcast.  This may be the time to switch companies.

New Poster

calender

can I export my calender from comcast to my gmail account?

Regular Visitor

I have also been using Xfinity Connect Calendar and cannot find any other calendar to use.  You are right, they should be adding services, not taking them away.

New Poster

I use the XFINITY Connect Calendar

I use the XFINITY Connect Calendar that is being done awqay with in Dec. What can I use to take it's place?

Service Expert

Re: I use the XFINITY Connect Calendar

Try using Google calendar.

I will be honest in saying that I don't know if it will work with your @comcast.net account or as a stand alone calendar, or only with a gmail account.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

Re: I use the XFINITY Connect Calendar

This explains more about using non-Gmail addresses in a Google account--------------

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/176347

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

discontinuing Xfinity calendar

I can not believe that Xfinity is discontinuing the calendar they just rolled out a few months ago. I feel that low usage is based on the fact that Xfinity never let their customers know the calendar was available! I called a tech soon after using the calendar, the tech was not aware that there was a calendar! The goal of a company is to add services not delete services. I am very disappointed, I use the feature every day. Why take away something already developed, does not make good sense to me.
New Poster

Re: discontinuation of calendar

I feel the same and today I wrote to the CEO of Comcast, 

Brian L. Roberts, CEO

Comcast Corp.

1701 JFK Blvd.

Philadelphia PA. 19103

to complain asking the same questions.   I doubt it will make a difference unless many others do so.  

New Poster

Write to them!!

Brian L. Roberts, CEO

Comcast Corp.

1701 JFK Blvd.

Philadelphia PA. 19103

Frequent Visitor

I agree because I am very dependent on my Xfinity Connect  Calendar.  I would like some suggestions as to how we can  get the decision makers to change this and retain the calendar indefinitely.

Frequent Visitor

I have just sent a "snail mail" to the CEU.  Thanks for the name and address and I hope hundreds of others do the same.

Email Expert

Re: calender

ronalddebold wrote:

can I export my calender from comcast to my gmail account?

No.  The Comcast calendar has never had the ability to export.  You need to look at alternatives from Google, Yahoo, Outlook.com, Mail.com or some other.  if you are on a Mac consider using iCal.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: calender

Well, I have completed the transfer of pertinent Data from the Comcast calendar to another platform. That was a pain in the backside. A whole lot of copy and paste. Lucky I had two people working on it.

TIP: It is always a good idea to have your pertinent data entered on at least two different server platforms. That way if somebody decides to discontinue the feature you have it in at least two places. Google calendar appears to be improving there calendar they just recently did a large upgrade. It's kinda nice actually. Features include mouse rollover and see events at a glance, quickly add new events, new view options, with easy manage your settings and permissions.  In addition, the calendar looks way more modern with larger date icons, updated colors, and cleaner event boxes, etc.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Does anyone have the email address for the head of customer service at Comcast.  I believe Comcast is obligated to provide me with a way to save all my calendar data!  Otherwise, they should continue the calendar.  I have years' of date data in my Comcast calendar and I need to retain much of it, such as vaccination dates, important appointment dates, chore (air filter replacement, water filter replacement, toothbrush replacement) date reminders, health care dates (surgeries, dental appointments, etc.), and personal event dates.  I do not want to lose all that info. 

New Poster

The CEO's email address is:"

brian_roberts@comcast.com 

Send, Send Send!

Administrator
Administrator

All,

On December 12, 2017, the XFINITY Connect Calendar will be decommissioned due to low usage. The feature allowed users to keep track of events, set reminders, create task lists and share their calendar with other XFINITY Connect users.

Note: Prior to the decommission, the XFINITY Connect Calendar was available via the XFINITY Connect web portal only, and is not a feature of the XFINITY Connect app.

We apologize for any inconvenience the removal of the XFINITY Connect Calendar will cause. 

Here are some frequently asked questions that should help to resolve your concerns.

FAQ's:

I received a notice that the Calendar feature will no longer be available in XFINITY Connect. What does that mean?

• Effective December 12, 2017, you will no longer be able access the Calendar tab within the XFINITY Connect web portal. This feature will be decommissioned due to low usage.

What will happen at the point of decommission?

• Once the XFINITY Connect Calendar is decommissioned, you will no longer have access to the Calendar tab within the XFINITY Connect web portal. Additionally, you will no longer be able to access the data on your calendar.

Is there an alternative calendar option? Can I migrate my data to a separate calendar?

• No - currently, there is no alternative calendar option available for users within XFINITY Connect, and there is no data migration alternative. However, you can continue to use the XFINITY Connect web portal to send and receive email, check voicemail and send text messages.

Will the decommissioning of the XFINITY Connect Calendar affect my email and/or other features within the XFINITY Connect web portal?

• No - your XFINITY Connect email will not be affected by the upcoming decommission. The only change to XFINITY Connect will be that the Calendar tab will no longer appear and as such, you will no longer have access to the data in your calendar. You can still send and receive email, access your address book and manage calling features and voicemail within the XFINITY Connect web portal.

Again, we apologize for an inconveince this may cause. If you would like to know more about the Decommission of the XFINITY Connect Calendar please see here.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
New Poster

I urge everyone to CALL:

Comcast Corporation · Phone
1701 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 286-1700
and urge Comcast to provide a solution for us calendar users.  I asked them to provide a means for transferring my years' worth of calendar data to another calendar of their choosing.  I have been using the calendar almost every day for many years both regarding appointments but also as a diary.  If I lose all of that info, I will be losing so much of my history. That's not fair to me as a long-term Comcast customer.
New Poster

I agree with your comment. Should be adding services not taking away.

New Poster

Great idea I will also send a letter to him. Thank you. 

New Poster

Thank you.