Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Direct access to email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Direct access to email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not the first to point out the fact that we should not be forced to go to the incredibly slow and bloated XFinity home page just to check email on a PC.  It is filled with garbage that bogs down the browsers (all of them I use).  I usually check email on a mobile device, fast and easy.  The only time I login is is when I want to print something, like a boarding pass or itinerary, usually in a hurry.

We sit here and watch and watch while the page loads stuff I am so totally disinterested in, that I am seriously considering cutting the cable from both my home and business.  You are wasting our time.

In other threads on this topic it has been suggested that we just use the available free email, such as gmail.  This misses the point entirely.  The point is, we ARE PAYING XFINITY for this service.  It should be better than what is available for free.

You are about to lose $600/month.  I am sure you have noticed that I am not alone in deciding this.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Direct access to email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could install an email client and access email directly that way.  They work much like your mobile device.  Many free, all better than webmail.  I like Mozela Thunderbird but there are a host of others.  Use one of them and bypass the home page.

Service Expert

Re: Direct access to email!

@Bloatware wrote:

I am not the first to point out the fact that we should not be forced to go to the incredibly slow and bloated XFinity home page just to check email on a PC.  It is filled with garbage that bogs down the browsers (all of them I use).  I usually check email on a mobile device, fast and easy.  The only time I login is is when I want to print something, like a boarding pass or itinerary, usually in a hurry.

We sit here and watch and watch while the page loads stuff I am so totally disinterested in, that I am seriously considering cutting the cable from both my home and business.  You are wasting our time.

In other threads on this topic it has been suggested that we just use the available free email, such as gmail.  This misses the point entirely.  The point is, we ARE PAYING XFINITY for this service.  It should be better than what is available for free.

You are about to lose $600/month.  I am sure you have noticed that I am not alone in deciding this.

You're not paying anything for email service, unless you see it as a line item on your bill[s].  Comcast provides email for free, but doesn't have to provide it at all.

The suggestion to use an email client is a good one.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Direct access to email!

I appreciate the seconding of the suggestion to use an email client.  I will definitely look into that.

As for the line item comment, I don't agree.  The fact that there is no line item only means it's included with the subscription fee paid for internet access.  This is why Comcast's email service is only provided to paying customers, which is not the case for Yahoo, GMail, etc.  "Included" and "free" are not synonymous.  It is customary when visiting free websites to have to tolerate ads and popups, etc., which in the end pay for the service, like broadcast TV.

But we do pay, and in my case, having business and home accounts, we pay considerably for internet access and the included email.  The service should therefore be better than what is available for free, not slowed down to a crawl while we wait for a dozen cookies, ads and unwanted videos to load.

Valued Contributor

Re: Direct access to email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not necessary to go to the Xfinity home page. The next time you're logged in to your inbox, bookmark the page and/or set it as your browser's home page.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation