Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Desperate!! Blue E-Mail Log-In Screen (does NOT work)

Regular Contributor

Desperate!! Blue E-Mail Log-In Screen (does NOT work)

I read about this happening to others on the Forums.  The best example of what this looks like is the "ScreenShot" posted by:  wymi  (his/her Forum screen name) on March 16, 2017 at 12:12 p.m. in this exact Forum, (E-mail & Web Browsing).  Please look at that other post.  I do not know how to do a screenshot.  This has also been described by a number of other Forum Members, using only words as I am doing.

What might be noteworthy is, believe it or not I just got the "New E-Mail" on April 30, 2017 and I have had numerous problems ever since. 

I have always allowed myself to remain signed-in to the e-mail.  "keep me signed in"

This new sign-in screen appeared today for the first time.  Because, I have been carefully reading everything humanly possible on the Forums about the "New E-Mail"  I hoped that I would be pre-educated enough for the time I would have to have it, too.

My problem with this new "blue background" sign-in "form" is just like those who posted about this previously.  IT DOES NOT WORK.  There is teeny, tiny print after you type in your user name (in a blank rectangular bar) and then, type in your password, in another blank rectangular bar just beneath.  There is a box for a check mark it you want this saved by your browser.  However, after you type all of this in, you get a teeeny, tiny  message that states 'you can't do this now'  or this 'won't work now'--words to that effect.  You cannot get into your e-mail.

No one has responded to any of the posts about the problems with this Blue E-Mail Log-In Screen (or sign-in screen).

Can someone PLEASE, tell me (and the others what to do).  I have had the same User Name and Password for years and years.   I am also a senior citizen and I have tried my very very best to learn how to use ALL of these new Comcast user interfaces .  You would not believe the hours I have put in trying to RE-learn this stuff. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Desperate!! Blue E-Mail Log-In Screen (does NOT work)

You mean this Monster! I still get this! Comcast told me a page like this doesn't exist!

Untitled.png
Regular Contributor

wymi:  Thank goodness you posted this and included the great screenwhot! (I do not know how to add any screenshots, pictures, images, etc. into posts, yet). 

I am not surprised that you were told by Comcast this does NOT exist.  There are other posts on the Forums, scattered, here and there, all over the place, either describing this same problem (in words) and, even some, that also, included the screenshot.  One Forum post refered to this "New E-Mail" provider as "Open Exchange" as the replacement for the previous Zimbra server Comcast E-mail.  That person received a reply from a Forum Volunteer Expert that 'there is no such thing as "Open Exchange."'  Obviously that original poster read the author and the version number at the bottom of the screen.

In any event, I have not found one, single reply SOLUTION.  Have you? 

Have YOU found a way to access your New E-Mail, yet? (or do you KEEP getting this same 'Blue Monster' sign-in page---which does NOT function.

Comcast stating  to you : 'this does not exist' is so very disrespectful and so very UNhelpful.

When I, finally, called on the phone to get e-mail technical support, I was told, "EVERY, SINGLE Comcast Customer who gets the "New E-Mail" HAS TO change his/her log-in name and password, yada, yada...."  I said that 'I am not willing to do that, at this time--thank you, anyway'.  The CC female E-mail Agent was located in Mississippi.  When I said "thank you, anyway", she replied "Well then, you will never be able to access your e-mail again, and that every Comcast Customer HAS TO change usernames and passwords.   Can you IMAGINE??? the out-and-out chaos and inconvenience, and TIME this would cause 10's of MILLIONS of Comcast Customers all over the USA?

Yeah, right----some unknown number of Comcast Customers, including you and me, are all imaging the same, exact thing, which does NOT exist.  (Does NOT exist now, has NEVER  existed, and will NEVER exist).  Therefore, we do NOT count.

Will you, please, post back when or IF you find a SOLUTION and exactly what steps you had to take to be able to access your e-mail again.

Regular Contributor

I have not found any solution to this Blue log in screen. I just keep trying until I get to the regular log in screen.  I was never told I had to change any of my user info to access the new email system. The new email is an undisputed disaster even when it does let you log in. Comcast employees are useless but can only work with what they are given. This email system is a based on a monetary decision because that's all the higher ups understand. I have moved 95% of my email over to Gmail.

Regular Contributor

wymi:  you say that you just keep trying--but what is that you keep trying to get access into your e-mail?  Do you keep typing in your username and password on the Blue Monster Screen?  Doesn't THAT always FAIL?

Could you, please, give me your exact steps:  such as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Regular Contributor

I click out of that screen to another web page then back to the comcast log in page. Sometimes it takes a couple tries but then it lets you in to the regular log in screen. I have never gotten in through the blue screen that doesn't exist!

Service Expert

edron wrote:
  One Forum post refered to this "New E-Mail" provider as "Open Exchange" as the replacement for the previous Zimbra server Comcast E-mail.  That person received a reply from a Forum Volunteer Expert that 'there is no such thing as "Open Exchange."'  Obviously that original poster read the author and the version number at the bottom of the screen.

edron, the new email is NOT "Open Exchange".  The new email is from appsuite, and that is what is presented in the URL just as "Zimbra" once was.  "Open Exchange" is shown ONLY on the bottom of that blue log in screen and is something completely different from the email servers; it is only a portal to emal, not the email program itself.  So, Latoque was correct in his response.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Again:  I never mentioned any names about who said what about "Open Exchange" post nor who replied to "Open Exchange" post.   Obviously, the "Blue Monster Screen" is some kind of an "entrance" and/or "portal" to be able to access one's e-mail.  My whole difficulty and that of other Forum members and/or Forum Visitors who are posting about this problem is that--We CANNOT get through this "portal"/ we CANNOT get into our e-mail.

Further, it seems that some Comcast Customers may never, even, see this screen--they may, instead only see/experience what the "normal" sign-in screen should look like--and act like---of course, meaning those users CAN access THEIR e-mails; whereas, I CANNOT. 

The "Blue Screen" does not work--I do not want to see THAT screen EVER--because I cannot get to my e-mail and I need to send AND  receive e-mail.  This is some kind of a coding error whereby some users get that "Blue Screen" but should NOT be getting that "Blue Screen."

What I NEED is a SOLUTION!  ASAP.  I have no desire or time to argue about or debate "Blue Screens", portals, or anything else.  I am exhausted by this.  In order to even find out whether or not anyone on the Forum has a SOLUTION, I have to get onto the Forum--since, I can't know whether or not I have even received a reply notification  sent to my e-mail, since, I CANNOT access my e-mail because of "the Blue Monster Screen."--which looks really nice--but DOES NOT WORK.

Again:  can you provide me with a solution?  If so, please do.  I am completely worn out by this matter.  It has eaten countless hours of my time and I still have NO SOLUTION.

Service Expert

Are you able to access your email from the Forums by clicking on the email icon in the black banner at the top?

Have you tried a different browser?

Have you cleaned out your cookies and browser cache?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for your reply and suggestions, Again:

I may have guessed on a reason, why I and a number of additional CC Customers (including Forum Members) might be having this OX portal show up--which does not work / does not provide any access through such "portal" to our e-mails.  It' just my "educated" theory--but since I am pretty sure you are more technical in certain matters than I am, I am very interested in your opinion on this.  First of all, it goes without saying, that this is an unintented bug or glitch by whatever 3rd party provider Comcast hired and pays the author, designer, administrator of the Comcast Webmail.  This "Blue Monster Screen" (BMS for short, hereon), may actually be coded in for some different company's E-Mail program (written by whomever Comcast hired, also)--OR, this may be used at some later date as a portal screen for Comcast.  Don't forget for more than a year, Comcast Webmail displayed "Hello, Guest" that showed up when we were signed into our CC Webmail.

I was still on the Old CC Webmail, until April 30, 2017.  THAT IS when I began to get countless problems.   I knew all along, that it would just be a matter of time, until I would have to have the "2016" "New E-Mail"; therefore, I was putting in the time up-front of reading on the Forums about this (as well as all the how-to's, bugs, malfunctions, glitches, work-arounds). 

Coincidentally and simultaneously, there have been some new and/or returning extra malfunctions on the Forums, themselves.  Notifications not working--and to make it extra fun, notifications were not going to E-Mails--even when chosen to receive Forum Notifications in CC E-Mails.  I further believe, there were various linking malfunctions between the Forums, the notifications, to the users' e-mails.

There might be a subset of Comcast Customers who were all slammed with this anamolous BMC--those CC Customers, such as myself---who were among the last groups of getting the "2016" "New E-Mail".  If so, that might explain why nobody seems to know much (often know NOTHING) about the BMS.

Actually, today is the first day in a long time that I could access my E-mail from the Forums.

All good, suggestions, Again.  Thank, again--Again.  Since you try so hard to help other customers, maybe you can find out more about what is behind this--at least, enough to help others with the BMS.

Regular Contributor

Hey wymi, looks like you and I turned out to be "accidental geniuses", in an "early warning system" for e-mail

sign-in problems--almost like clairvoyants/ESP---obviously, since the entire sign-in process/server system blew up into smithereens, nationally, beginning on May 10, 2017.  Of course, I absolutely did NOT want such a thing to happen--all Customers just want things to work properly, obviously.  Honestly, though, I REALLY DID have a foreboding feeling about this sign-in issue that I really could not shake.  It's like 'when the other shoe finally drops.'  

Because this happened in such a huge and global way for the past two days (and counting), I hope they will get a real handle on it and correct it, completely--without any further occurrence.  BUT--I still have that lingering feeling that this is not the last of this sign-in problem.  Also, I really DO wish that one of the engineers would read this thread--and find the related threads and posts that were "moved."  ("moved", meaning inaccessible--and why?  I do not know--they were very useful and informative, in my opinion).

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure, inaccessible location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [masking, avoiding the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.