Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Designating trusted email addresses to avoid spam filtering

New Poster

Designating trusted email addresses to avoid spam filtering

I wish that Comcast would incorporate into the spam filtering software the ability to designate a specific email address or domain name as NOT spam.  I've just finished talking with 2 Comcast technicians and neither of them was able to tell me how to do this--saying that this feature is not available.  The only special email filtering capability seems to be the ability to designate all specific email addresses which are to be allowed, while filtering out all others.  This system is obviously not useful as it requires designating all email addresses in the universe which I would not want to filter out--way too restrictive to be useful.

I routinely use email to transfer images captured while surfing the internet with an iPad to a desktop computer, by emailing the image as an attachment to my own email address.  The Comcast spam filter has recently started identifying most (but not all?!?) of these emails with attachments as spam, sending them to my Spam folder.  This filtering seems to be triggered by the size and/or number of attachments as most, but not all, of these emails are being filtered as spam.

Email Expert

Re: Designating trusted email addresses to avoid spam filtering

Comcast doesn't have "whitelisting" per se.  But you could experiment with setting up a filter for a particular domain so it always goes to the Inbox or some other folder.  The thing is that I'm not sure if incoming emails hit the spam filters first, or the filters you have created.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon