Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Deleting emails

New Poster

Deleting emails

When I try to delete an email or multiple emails, it usually opens the email which is not what I want to happen.  I need to delete the email without opening it up.  Also, what is the best way to delete multiple emails?

Thank you,

Cheryl <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Informaiton">

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Informaiton">

Problem Solver

Re: Deleting emails

cbac10 wrote:

When I try to delete an email or multiple emails, it usually opens the email which is not what I want to happen.  I need to delete the email without opening it up.  Also, what is the best way to delete multiple emails?

Thank you,

Cheryl <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Informaiton">

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Informaiton">

Not sure which email client you're talking about but most of them you put a checkmark beside the messages that you want to delete and usually at the top (or bottom) there is a choice of select all. Perhaps running a scan for malware might help too.

Regular Visitor

The answer does not grasp the problem. This happens to me all the time as well while deleting. Seemingly, randomly, when putting a check on an email so you can delete it,  it instead opens the email.

Email Expert

tandlbryant wrote:

The answer does not grasp the problem. This happens to me all the time as well while deleting. Seemingly, randomly, when putting a check on an email so you can delete it,  it instead opens the email.

I don't think I've ever seen this come up before in the forum.  Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon