Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Deleting a certain amount of email at one time

New Poster

Deleting a certain amount of email at one time

I wanted to know how I can delete a certain amount of email at one time. when I hit the delete all button, it deletes ALL of my messages, some that I've read and would like to keep. Some times I would just like to delete 100, or 50 at a time and this would prevent me from going though all of them checking off the one i want to keep.  believe it or not sometimes i get 100 emails of trash and can delete them all at once.  is there such an option for this?

Email Expert

Re: Deleting a certain amount of email at one time

How are you accessing your email?  On a computer with just a browser and the webmail interface?  Or on a smartphone, or a tablet or what?  If you are using only the webmail there are different ways you could accomplish what you want.  For example, on the Inbox page if you want to delete a bunch of sequential emails, check the box to the left of the first one, then holding down the Shift key scroll down to the last one in the group and click the box next to that one.  This action will select everything in between.  Then hit the trashcan icon in the toolbar.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon