Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Deleted messages still displayed in other accounts & devices

New Poster

Deleted messages still displayed in other accounts & devices

After deleting messages while logged in under a secondary email account, they still show up in the secondary account’s sub-folder when I’m logged in under the primary account. What do I do to keep from having to delete the same message over and over between primary & secondary accounts?  Also, messages deleted when I’m using my tablet still appear when I use a different computer. Life is too short to spend time re-deleting the same messages … help!

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Re: Deleted messages still displayed in other accounts & devices

It sounds like you have the account enabled on more than one computer/device, and are using POP3 on one of them.  So what other devices do you have the account set up on?  If you do have more than one, you need to set the account up using IMAP instead of POP.  That way everything is synced and what you do on one device is reflected on all of them.

Post back with what other device or email clients you are using like Thunderbird or Outlook etc.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon