New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Deleted Comcast User Name and email started bouncing

ANSWERED
New Poster

Deleted Comcast User Name and email started bouncing

Yesterday I deleted my wife's username.  I didn't realize that it was tied to her email account.  Incomming emails to her address started to bounce.  I tried to add the user name back and the system says it already exists.  I called Comcast support yesterday and after some pushing they created a ticket and escalated the problem.  They can't tell me if the problem can be fixed and the first line tech support cannot fix it.  

Does anyone know if Comcast can/will 'reconnect' an email account that was deleted?

I am sure it is technically possible (I read some external posts about Comcast giving away email addresses by mistake and then eventually restoring them to the original user). What I am not sure about is if the Comcast techs have the ability to fix the problem.  

Needless to say my wife is a bit upset!

Accepted Solution

Re: Deleted Comcast User Name and email started bouncing

Comcast Support fixed my problem.  It took 2 calls and an escalation to Level 2.  Once Level 2 called me back (3rd call), they spoke to Level 3.  Level 3 was able to release the email address and then I could add it back to my account.  Fixed!  

View answer in context
Official Employee

Give CSA a call, see if they can get you sorted out.

• Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Comcast Support fixed my problem.  It took 2 calls and an escalation to Level 2.  Once Level 2 called me back (3rd call), they spoke to Level 3.  Level 3 was able to release the email address and then I could add it back to my account.  Fixed!