Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Delete old accounts off of my Xfinity

New Poster

Delete old accounts off of my Xfinity

My old address from over a year ago is still showing up as my primary account, how do I change this? Everytime I chat with an agent they just send me a link to reset my password... I guess they aren't getting my question. With the connect app you have to have services to use it, I have service at my new address the old address is obviously disconnected, so this is why I would like to delete the old address.. Help?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Delete old accounts off of my Xfinity

To change a secondary user to the primary user:
Sign in to My Account as the primary user.
Click the Users & Preferences tab.
Under Basic Settings, under the Contact emails section, Click on Transfer primary user.
A new screen will appear with a Transfer to drop-down box.
Click the Transfer to drop-down to select the secondary account you want to make the primary.
Enter the password for the selected secondary user.
Click Confirm.
A confirmation message will be displayed at the top of the screen.
If you do not see the name of the account in the drop down list click the tab for the account you want to make the primary.

Basic Settings/Account name Permissions/Edit Permissions.

Select May access basic settings in My Account

Click Save

Go back to the Primary Account tab/Transfer primary user. The account should now be listed and you can change ownership.

Make your selection, click Confirm.

Sign out. Close your browser.

Open the browser and sign in as the new primary account.

AND

Have you tried signing in with your Primary username and password, then going to My Account.

Once there, click on Users and Settings tab.  Yiu will now see all usernames associated with your Account.  Try deleting the old username from there.

Please post back what the results are.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

I'm trying to do the same thing but I do NOT see the option "Transfer primary user" to click on anywhere.  

Contributor

When you sign in as the primary user, click on My Account, then Users & Preferences, you should see this under the Basic Settings tab-----------

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 11.32.28 AM.jpg

New Poster

Yeah, "transfer primary user" isn't there.

Only reason I can think is that I only have one user associated with my account/s, so my primary user (i.e., me) is my only user.  I tried adding another user by clicking the "add user" tab and filling it out with my wife's name... And apparently I'm not even able to add another user.

If I can't delete my old address / account completely, I'd settle for being able to change my current address my "main account", but I don't see any options to do so (And I have no idea why Comcast would not do this automatically!)

Email Expert

Try searching for your IDs here----------------

https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup

What you are describing tells me you are signed in with a secondary account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I tried searching for my IDs and it tells me that I do not have a username (which doesn't make any sense because then how am I able to login?)... It gives me the option to set up one up and  after I fill that out and click submit, I get "Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please give us a minute and then try again"  

But it does say "primary user" right underneath my name in "my account" so I am not sure that is the issue in any case.