New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Customer Support cant get my user name changed

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Customer Support cant get my user name changed

Last week, I changed user name not knowing email address would also change. I immediatly called Customer NO service and they saidI had to pick another name as that name was "already in use". I told them to escalate to real comast engineers and they gave me a trouble ticket number and that they would call back within 24 hours. That never happned.

Called NO service again, this time the girl said she "successfully changed" my account back to original user name and that everything will work and to give it up to 24 hours.......well, that did nothing.

Obviously the comcast database still shows my account as already used....how can i get a competent person at Comacst to fix this real simple issuse...

I work from home and now all the customers are getting bounceback messages stating "Not our Customer".

Please help

Accepted Solution

Re: Customer Support cant get my user name changed

Typically once you change your username it takes 90 days before it can be released back into circulation.

You might want to try calling Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you restore your former username. Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.  Be aware, however, you will probably have lost all your emails in the meantime; they may be able to recover them, but they may not, too.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Typically once you change your username it takes 90 days before it can be released back into circulation.

You might want to try calling Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you restore your former username. Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.  Be aware, however, you will probably have lost all your emails in the meantime; they may be able to recover them, but they may not, too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you!!! I will give that a try......after 3 calls to the 800 number who have opened up tickets, a visit to Xfinity store and talking to a Xfinity tech on the street....this is the most useful, knowledgeable and helpful answer I have recived.

I have a PST so all my email is in tact...thanks again for you input.Hope i can get username back asap....

Regular Visitor

Calling CSA absolutely took care of my problem in minutes after going back and forth trying to resolve this for a week and being given false hope by 800 COMSAT reps.

I was back up and running with original user id. Appatrently those 2 trouble tickets the 800-COMCAST Customer NO service and the XFINITY Store submitted would have gone nowhere and issue never resolved.

Thanks again !!!

Service Expert

I am very glad CSA was able to restore this for you!  And sorry that you had to go through what you did.  At least now you're back on track.  Smiley Happy

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon