Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Create NEW Comcast email address for EXISTING user account to REPLACE current Comcast email account

New Poster

Create NEW Comcast email address for EXISTING user account to REPLACE current Comcast email account

I have a problem with the Coimcast email address for one of the users on my account. The email is locked out due to an extended period of disuse. Multiple attempts at solutions with help of Comcast tech support failed to unlock the existing account, so the only apparent solution is to replace the locked email account with a new one. However, I can't find ANY place to perform this function. After prolonged searching, the system keeps looping me around to "Create New User Account" and other irrelevant pages. I don't need to create a new user account. I just need to create a new email address for an existing user account, and delete or overwrite the old email address.

Service Expert

Re: Create NEW Comcast email address for EXISTING user account to REPLACE current Comcast email acco

To create a new [secondary] email address, sign in to My Account as the Primary user. Then follow the instructions found here.

Note, however, you may not be able to re-create the username, but if it was deleted because of lack of use you might be able to.  Typically a username for email is locked out for 90 days.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon