New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Correct THIS Forum Page, Please

Regular Contributor

Correct THIS Forum Page, Please

For instance:

1)  On Upper right-hand side of THIS page under the "Recently Solved" Panel area it lists "Official Notice: Receiving email may be delayed .."  (as having already been "Solved").  This is incorrect.  What is correct is that this is a known and acknowledged problem that is GOING TO BE CORRECTED; however, it is not, in fact, corrected and itis not, in fact yet "Solved."  This is misleading to Comcast Customers who read that it is "solved" (already)--and that would make Comcast Customers who are still suffering with this problem, believe that they have a different reason that they are experiencing either the exact, same problem (still) and/or have a very similar problem which requires a different solution.

2)  On the right-hand side of the page, 3/4 of the way down, there is a Panel Area "Posting Guide"  and within that panel area instructing Comcast Customers to 'post here about concerns with:'  (all red lettered) "XFinity Web Based Mail" and/or "Third-Party Email Clients"    These each SEEM to be "links" (that would provide the Customer onto an exact page/posting area which would be a very specific and most appropriate place to post.  However, these are NOT "links."  These are misleading.  Either make them real links to real areas for posting or change the appearance so that they do not SEEM and/or APPEAR to be links.  Customers would want to post in the most appropriate Forum, the most  appropriate category or sub-category.  As it has been--countless Forum participants posts are moved and and moved all over the place.

Comcast Customers, in general--whether  Forum Visitors only, and/or Forum Members have to work very, very, very  hard--as well as--spend exorbitant amounts of time (often repeatedly)  to try to find answers for so many, many problems.  These are just two (2) of my very, easy suggestions that I know would make things a lot easier for people, including myself.

[NOTE: The recent redesign of the Comcast Forums (again) has made things very difficult, as it is--including for myself--even, though I have participated on and off over many years.]

Service Expert

Re: Correct THIS Forum Page, Please

edron wrote:

For instance:

1)  On Upper right-hand side of THIS page under the "Recently Solved" Panel area it lists "Official Notice: Receiving email may be delayed .."  (as having already been "Solved").  This is incorrect.  What is correct is that this is a known and acknowledged problem that is GOING TO BE CORRECTED; however, it is not, in fact, corrected and itis not, in fact yet "Solved."  This is misleading to Comcast Customers who read that it is "solved" (already)--and that would make Comcast Customers who are still suffering with this problem, believe that they have a different reason that they are experiencing either the exact, same problem (still) and/or have a very similar problem which requires a different solution.

That specific problem has been solved. 

2)  On the right-hand side of the page, 3/4 of the way down, there is a Panel Area "Posting Guide"  and within that panel area instructing Comcast Customers to 'post here about concerns with:'  (all red lettered) "XFinity Web Based Mail" and/or "Third-Party Email Clients"    These each SEEM to be "links" (that would provide the Customer onto an exact page/posting area which would be a very specific and most appropriate place to post.  However, these are NOT "links."  These are misleading.  Either make them real links to real areas for posting or change the appearance so that they do not SEEM and/or APPEAR to be links.  Customers would want to post in the most appropriate Forum, the most  appropriate category or sub-category.  As it has been--countless Forum participants posts are moved and and moved all over the place.

Links are in blue and sometimes are underlined. 

We asked that Xfinity Web Based Mail and Third Party Email Clients be highlighted in red so that this forum would be distinguished from the  Basic Internet Connectivity and Modem Help forum.  Too many people were confusing the web based Xfinity Connect email with the above named forum.

Comcast Customers, in general--whether  Forum Visitors only, and/or Forum Members have to work very, very, very  hard--as well as--spend exorbitant amounts of time (often repeatedly)  to try to find answers for so many, many problems.  These are just two (2) of my very, easy suggestions that I know would make things a lot easier for people, including myself.

The forums now are easier to navigate than they were just a year ago with the consolidation of some of the forums making for less confusion.  The forums are always evolving and are still undergoing changes.  More importantly, Comcast/Xfinity has been creating user information/support pages/FAQs which will eventually answer common questions that are asked here frequently.

[NOTE: The recent redesign of the Comcast Forums (again) has made things very difficult, as it is--including for myself--even, though I have participated on and off over many years.]

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon