Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Continuous email issues

New Poster

Continuous email issues

I've been experiencing issues ever since the email format changed. Last week I was without email for over 3 hours. I need this email to be reliable. Today I am receiving errors (400 I believe) when replying or forwarding a message and all 500 and 502. Can't recall the exact errors (and when I just tried now things seem to be working - intermittant) but when I went on Live chat with Comcast it gave me another error and I lost my entire email with all of the error codes. I've tried different browsers and I know that is not the issue as nothing has changed on my system. I hope Comcast gets their act together soon as I have been a long time customer and do not want to switch. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Continuous email issues

I feel your pain. I lost my email back in November 2016 and didn't get it back until February. On one of several occasions I spent about 17 hours on the phone and in chats trying to get numerous Comcast/Xfinity techs. and analysts to correct a problem with their server. As of this date; 5/16/2017 I have not received an email since April 6th. I have set up three different addresses using Outlook ( both the program and the app.), Gmail and the Comcast website email. I have used Microsoft Edge, Bing, Opera and Google as browsers. I have been 'escalated' to the highest priority at least 3 times and I have been waiting for over a month for a 'next day' callback after my last customer serviceing. Hang in there I'm sure that after Xfinity sells us out to some other company that provider will care enough about their long time customers ( I'm going on 16 years) to give us good value for our money.

New Poster

Wow, I'm sorry you are experiencing this. You have more patience than I do. If this isn't corrected soon I will consider switching to Verizon (which may not be much better). I use this email for work and I'm beginning to get concerned. 

Good luck and I hope things clear up for you soon!

New Poster

Same here in Virginia, I use a Chromebook- have for about a year, and this had never been a problem until about a month ago.

It resolved itself after a few days, but it is annoying. I have a desktop PC and I am getting the same error messages there too. 

Definitely a Comcast issue, as my Gmail account never has any issues.