Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Connect Email App won't update folders

New Poster

Connect Email App won't update folders

I decided to organize my email and made some changes to my xfinity email folders using my desktop computer (created new folders, renamed folders, and moved folders). My problem ...... the changes from my desktop will not update Xfinity Connect on my Galaxy S4. I signed out and signed back in. I uninstalled and re-installed Xfinity Connect app. When I re-install, it re-installs the old way. I want it to reflect my changes. I called customer service and they tried an update on their end, but that didn't help. Does anyone else have any other ideas?  

Thanks...

Email Expert

Re: Connect Email App won't update folders

Do you have the account set up using POP3 on the Computer or the phone?  If so you won't see changes on one reflected on the other.  You need to have both using IMAP.  Here are the settings---------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Connect Email App won't update folders

I'm not using Outlook on my desktop. I'm using my xfinity account on the web server and I'm using the Xfinity email app downloaded from the Google store on my cell phone. Neither gives me a choice of how the email account is setup. I just log in and start using. I did discover moments ago that there is a way around my problem, but it's very time consuming.

Example: "Amazon" and its contents shows on my Xfinity desktop, but not in Xfinity Connect App on phone. I deleted the Xfinity Connect Phone App. On my desktop, I created a new folder called "Amazon 1" and moved all contents from "Amazon" to "Amazon 1". Then I deleted "Amazon" and renamed "Amazon 1" to Amazon. When I reinstalled the Xfinity Connect App from the Goggle play store and logged into Connect, my missing folder is now there.

Until I find a solution, I guess I will have to uninstall the Xfinity Connect Phone App whenever I want to organize old folders or create new ones. Then I will re-install the App once I'm done.