Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Configuring Outlook 2016 to Use Private Domain Emails

New Poster

Configuring Outlook 2016 to Use Private Domain Emails

Ref:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/E-Mail-Client-Settings-customer-generat...

This is an extensive list of how to configure multiple email clients within the Comcast World.

Here's what I can't get an answer to because either I'm just not sharp enough to translate the vague implications that all the instructions are focused on adding my Comcast.net email or that the ComCast.net (SMTP) just won't support my email addresses.

I've spent hours on the phone with TechSupport.  Nothing works.  The process always fails when testing the outgoing connection.

In previous lifetimes - I used Verizon.net, Dish.net, and even WildBlue.net to support my email domains.  In every case - it worked like a charm.  All I had to do was go to the Outgoing Server Settings  Choose SMTP Authentication, Choose LogOn Using, enter my Verizon, Dish, or WildBlue User Name and Password, check SPA, and i could send emails all day long.

Side note:  If I choose "Use Same as Incoming Server" - I get an 553 Error

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/server-error-553-sorry-that-doma...

Attached are screen shots of the steps I followed to try to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 with fictious email and domain names.

So, please, if you would please help me solve this problem. 

Outlook 2016 Email Account Configuration Pict-o-gram.png
Service Expert

Re: Configuring Outlook 2016 to Use Private Domain Emails

Use the outgoing settings found at the link below.

You can find the current email settings here, including client settings.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Configuring Outlook 2016 to Use Private Domain Emails

Everything i read that you sent me is talking about configuring an email client to use Comcast email (@comcast.net),my Comcast Email within Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.  

Ok, I guess I am just not getting the message across clearly. Receiving/Sending Comcast Emails within a third-party client is NOT the question.

I want to be able to transmit emails from my PC through the Comcast SMTP portal usnig a third party app such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or even that fun goofy email client 'Incredimail"  that are associated with my domains, fun2av8.com, aircraftferryservices.biz, roadshowstudios.com, etc.  that I own and do emails with.

I am concerned that what I want / need to do is no longer be done because Comcast no longer supports the use of port 25 for sending email?  This would be mind numbing.  I can't possibly be the only Comcast Internet Subscriber that wants to use their personal domains for emails.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I deeply appreciate your help.