New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Configuring Incredimail client

ANSWERED
Contributor

Configuring Incredimail client

Thursday evening, I was suddenly unable to download Comcast email into my Incredimail client.

The error message said "Login failed." I have Incredimail set up with my password so that all that info is automatically sent and I haven't changed anything recently, so the problem could not have been an incorrect password. I'm running Windows 8.1 and rebooted and added updates to my computer after this happened, but that didn't help anything.

In the past when this has happened, deleting the account and re-adding it to Incredimail has often corrected it, unless the problem is that Comcast has suddenly changed one of the port requirements. Unfortunately, when I went to re-add the account, I had lost my settings and Incredimail has stopped filling in most of the blanks, so I need the settings.

I currently have incoming server set to pop3.comcast.net, and outgoing to smtp.comcast.net. I can't remember if I'm supposed to check "Log on using secure password authentication" and/or "Outgoing server requires authentication."

I also forgot the incoming and outgoing server port numbers, and whether or not either or both require SSL. Yes, I'm pretty much a blank on the whole process.

Thanks to whomever can help me re-set my account and hopefully help me figure out why my login is failing!

UPDATE:

I just went to check my email online and received a message that I needed to change my password due to unauthorized access to my account. I did change it and now am able to download my email to Incredimail.

Accepted Solution

Re: Configuring Incredimail client

You might want to print thus and save it for future references.  Click on Options on the right side of the post to print it.

USING POP YOUR SETTINGS SHOULD BE:

Incoming server: mail.comcast.net

Incoming Port SHOULD be 995 with SSSL ON

Outgoing server: SMTP.comcast.net

Outgoing Port should be Port 465 with SSL ON

Under tgecServerctab:  This server requires Authentucation must be checked

Do NOT check SPA ( Secure password authentication)

IMAP SERVERS:

Incoming server is: IMAP.comcast.net

Incoming Port is 993 withbSSL ON

The rest of  the serrings are the same as those for POP Servers.

CC

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

You might want to print thus and save it for future references.  Click on Options on the right side of the post to print it.

USING POP YOUR SETTINGS SHOULD BE:

Incoming server: mail.comcast.net

Incoming Port SHOULD be 995 with SSSL ON

Outgoing server: SMTP.comcast.net

Outgoing Port should be Port 465 with SSL ON

Under tgecServerctab:  This server requires Authentucation must be checked

Do NOT check SPA ( Secure password authentication)

IMAP SERVERS:

Incoming server is: IMAP.comcast.net

Incoming Port is 993 withbSSL ON

The rest of  the serrings are the same as those for POP Servers.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Thank you!!

Contributor

Hi, Carole,

Thanks again for your earlier help. I did as you said and everything was working fine.

Now, however, I've had Windows 10 installed and had to re-download Incredimail. I tried both settings - using IMAP and using POP. but I keep getting an error, occasionally suggesting my user name was wrong. It wasn't, of course, but I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Incredimail, but that hasn't helped, either.

Any help would be appreciated! I keep wondering if Comcast has gone and changed the ports again.

Contributor

Oops, sorry I double posted on this issue. I didn't think posting on this thread would bring it to the top.