online now

discussions

Compatible Arris TM602G/115 Modem

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3 (5,057 Views)

Compatible Arris TM602G/115 Modem

I'm looking to avoid the $7. a month fee for renting a modem. I have the Arris TM602G/115 Modem and would like to know what modems are compatible. Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Edited on
‎08-16-2011 12:11 PM

Connection Expert

Message 2 of 3 (4,999 Views)

Re: Compatible Arris TM602G/115 Modem

[ Edited ]

Check your local BestBuy store and see if they have a Comcast communication center/kiosk. Those would be the only market areas that allow customer owned telephony modems/eMTA's. You must purchase the Arris 722G modem from them and schedule a professional tech install.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Networking Expert

Message 3 of 3 (4,987 Views)

Re: Compatible Arris TM602G/115 Modem

And if your goal is to save $7/mo, consider that the Arris is a tad pricey ($140 or so last I looked) and with the required tech visit fee, it might run you as high as $190 which means you have have more than 2 years before you break even...

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program