Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast website - unable to connect to email

Frequent Visitor

Comcast website - unable to connect to email

When i log onto the web site and select email, the page never opens, I just get a blue circle in the middle of the page.  This is the page I get directed to https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail that does not open.  Have not been able to view or respond to email for two days. 

Email Expert

Re: Comcast website - unable to connect to email

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

Also, you could try switching from the Full version of Xfinity Connect to the Lite version. Go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. Full is the default. Select the Lite version.

As a temporary work-around, you could try using the very basic m.comcast.net/m---just type that into your address bar while signed in to the account, and hit return.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools". If you are having the problem in Chrome, try resetting it to it's defaults.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast website - unable to connect to email

I tried all your suggestions.  I have tried it on two computers, one a laptop the other an all in one desk top that is only a week old.  I used Explorer 11 and Google Chrome.  I also cannot access the email on the Connect apps on my iPhone or iPad.  BUT, it will download to my mail accounts on the iPhone and iPad.  It will also download to Outlook on the laptop but not the desk top.  WHen I tried the mail.comcast.net/m I got this on the screen: 

???service.FAILURE???
???searchNameLabel???

???MO_quotaLabel??? ???MO_quotaUsage???

I can bring up everything else comcast related, tv, security, etc but not my email.